FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pdubber. However, I don't like overly wet sounds. Heavily ambient sounds don't make it more "heavenly sounding". It is only based on an assumption of what a "heavenly sound" is... I run most of my sounds quite dry unless I am targeting a specific washy sound. Either a POG Lead or ambient swells. I get so many compliments on my sound. When I hear drenched pdub I die a little inside...
A little shimmer goes a long way. 30% I find ideal. When it gets to 50-80% or more it just drowns the lead guitar.

Had a recording session in a studio in Belgium last weekend, using the public beta release. Due to the gapless switching I was able to record most parts with live dynamics in one track. It felt amazing, and the studio was incredibly amazed by the sound and ease of dialing everything in the mix. Great work Fractal !!! :cool:👊

Possible bug, or maybe I’m doing something stupid. When connect the FM9 to cab lab 4 and selecting the SW Live Mode, the audio is muted. I had it working before installing the new beta, again I’ve maybe missed something but I’ve went through the set up wizard and can’t see what I’ve done differently.

Possible bug, or maybe I’m doing something stupid. When connect the FM9 to cab lab 4 and selecting the SW Live Mode, the audio is muted. I had it working before installing the new beta, again I’ve maybe missed something but I’ve went through the set up wizard and can’t see what I’ve done differently.

Same here - I've been working with Matt to sort this out via a support request. I'm getting the exact same symptoms as you - glad to know we're not crazy. LOL

I'm going to roll back to fw 5 today and see if CL4 and FM9 (w fw5) play nice together again. If as I suspect they will, it probably means there's something to fix between the fw6 and CL4. Matt mentioned he'd be trying the same. I'll report back when I get to it. Which should be shortly.

I tried this a few days ago - no luck. I think something's up between fw6 and CL4.
Yep. Same problem here. Was working fine before the new beta. Wasn’t sure if it was firmware or FM9-Edit related. I haven’t had the time to attempt a rollback and see if it works with the latest version of the editor.

I suppose it can’t be the editor since they can’t be connected simultaneously but who knows. 🤷‍♂️

After rolling back to firmware 5.0.1, I still don't have SW Live Mode working at all in Cab Lab 4 (which turned out to be operator error - see post below), but I was able to successfully use the HW Manual mode. Why anyone would want to use the HW Manual mode to create a blend of DynaCab Packs, or user IRs completely escapes me. The steps required to hear any edits made is a terrible workflow. Way too much trial & error, shooting in the dark, etc. Without a fully working SW Live Mode I can't imagine wanting to use the CL4 app.

Does anyone have Cab Lab 4 working in any way with fw 6 beta? That would be good to know, because if this is operator error, I haven't been able to find out what I'm doing wrong. Even with rereading the manual and revisiting several of the really great tutorial videos on Cab Lab 4.

Last edited:
After rolling back to firmware 5.0.1, I still don't have SW Live Mode working at all in Cab Lab 4, but I was able to successfully use the HW Manual mode. Why anyone would want to use the HW Manual mode to create a blend of DynaCab Packs, or user IRs completely escapes me. The steps required to hear any edits made is a terrible workflow. Way too much trial & error, shooting in the dark, etc. Without a fully working SW Live Mode I can't imagine wanting to use the CL4 app.

Does anyone have Cab Lab 4 working in any way with fw 6 beta? That would be good to know, because if this is operator error, I haven't been able to find out what I'm doing wrong. Even with rereading the manual and revisiting several of the really great tutorial videos on Cab Lab 4.
I don’t think it is operator error. I was using it just fine in the SW Live Mode just fine before the Beta.

Actually - I forgot to re-do my permissions for the mic in Cab Lab 4. Once I reset that for CL4 the SW Live Mode was working fine on fw 5.0.1.

When we were troubleshooting things under the fw 6 beta I had tried toggling that setting on & off (which was unsuccessful).

So, it would appear that on the fw 6 beta 1, SW Live mode isn't working in Cab Lab 4. At least for some of us. I've tried this using 2 different computers too, FWIW.

Last edited:
Not a Bug / Default Setting:
Recently updated to v. 6.0 Beta 1 as well as editor v. 1.02.08. Something unusual occurred after both updates: In FM9-Edit > SetUp > Config, this is what displayed:

xGggtOk.png

It didn't look, much less sound right although I'd not tried checking audio output...

Just a heads-up in case your FM9s aren't outputting signal. If you're using your FM9s for amp/effects/cab modeling, check SetUp > Config and select Power Amp Modeling > On & Cab Modeling > Active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom