FM9-Edit 1.02.08 (to support fw 6.00 public beta )

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
FM9-Edit 1.02.08 provides support for FM9 firmware 6.00 public beta 1.

The editor is available below:

OSX
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-OSX-v1p02p08.dmg

Win64
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win-v1p02p08.exe

Win32
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/FM9-Edit/FM9-Edit-Win32-v1p02p08.exe

RELEASE NOTES

VERSION 1.02.08
January 24, 2024

Current FM9 Firmware Version: 6.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.13 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.00

MAC USERS PLEASE NOTE: FM9-Edit version 1.02.08 supports MacOS version 10.13 or newer. The latest Apple development tools support building for 10.13 or newer.

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected the saving of presets and/or system data in the embedded FractalBot, the snapshot utility, and Manage Presets.

I'm seeing the amp output level drop when scrolling through a pinned Amp picker window. The FX3 is doing the same thing so I can't decide if it's normal for the FM9/Edit or abnormal for both modelers to be doing it.

I know the levels are not supposed to match but sometimes the levels seem to stick and then accumulate resulting in even bigger drops.

I was just experimenting further, and, with a preset that uses the ODS-100 Ford model, I pinned the Amp picker, scrolled around, the levels dropped, and I scrolled back to the ODS-100 Ford, and the volume didn't return to the appropriate level. Reverting the preset caused the level to return.

Hmm. I'm wondering if it's because the model's defaults are being applied to the preset? Additional hmm… and gain levels are changing making the output levels bounce around….

Must. explore. more.

Last edited:
I've noticed FM9-Edit Speaker Impedance Curve value gets out of sync when set to Auto and using DynaCabs. I verified Speaker settings in the Amp block are correct as I change Scenes. However, FM9-Edit will intermittently show the wrong values as you switch through scenes that change the Cab Block Channel. Scenes 1 and 3 use a Brit 1960TV DynaCab. Scene 2 uses the Friedman GB DynaCab. Select the Amp block > Speaker settings and switch through the Scenes randomly and observe the value of the Impedance Curve.

Edit: I forgot to mention I’m experiencing this on MacOS 14.3. Sorry about that. 😅

Attachments

• Speaker Imp Curve Sync.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello, I have a Mac with OS High Sierra (10.13), I downloaded the new version of the editor, beta version 1.02.08, but it tells me that it is not compatible with this version of OS. Does anyone know why? Thank you.

Last edited:
I've noticed FM9-Edit Speaker Impedance Curve value gets out of sync when set to Auto and using DynaCabs. I verified Speaker settings in the Amp block are correct as I change Scenes. However, FM9-Edit will intermittently show the wrong values as you switch through scenes that change the Cab Block Channel. Scenes 1 and 3 use a Brit 1960TV DynaCab. Scene 2 uses the Friedman GB DynaCab. Select the Amp block > Speaker settings and switch through the Scenes randomly and observe the value of the Impedance Curve.

Edit: I forgot to mention I’m experiencing this on MacOS 14.3. Sorry about that. 😅
I have this same issue on my Fm9T and my Af3T, but randomly. I just turn off the auto SIC. It's not a huge loss.

Anyone else having trouble with the batch settings change? I am noticing that it doesn't make the changes to all presets selected. I will edit the mix of a spring reverb in reverb block 1 channel A across 10 presets, some that are exactly the same, except different effect blocks being on/off. It will change a few of them, but not all. Confused.

Anyone else having trouble with the batch settings change? I am noticing that it doesn't make the changes to all presets selected. I will edit the mix of a spring reverb in reverb block 1 channel A across 10 presets, some that are exactly the same, except different effect blocks being on/off. It will change a few of them, but not all. Confused.
Well, now it works fine today. wtf

Back
Top Bottom