FM9-Edit 1.02.08 (to support fw 6.00 public beta )

Thank you! Will try later.
I don’t know if anyone here running such old versions of MacOS does any recording. Probably time to consider a new computer, especially if you do. Even an M1 MacBook Air with 16 GB of RAM will run circles around any Mac running any version of OS X 10.x.

@Michael Pickens I don’t know if it is a FM9-Edit or FM9 Firmware issue but it has been mentioned in the 6.0 Beta thread and figured I should mention it here just in case. CabLab4 is not working in SW Live Mode. I cannot connect and audition and tweak DynaCabs in real-time.

I don’t know if anyone here running such old versions of MacOS does any recording. Probably time to consider a new computer, especially if you do. Even an M1 MacBook Air with 16 GB of RAM will run circles around any Mac running any version of OS X 10.x.
I still do with Cubase 10, works great. I know i gotta replace it eventually.

I still do with Cubase 10, works great. I know i gotta replace it eventually.
Probably within a year. FM9-Edit will likely have to increase minimum version to 10.14 next year. They can only build the version that the latest Xcode Command Line Tools can compile. Apple drops at least one version from support annually.

Some of us, including me, still use older hardware, such as some Line 6 stuff, that is not supported in the latest version of MacOS. The solution is probably getting a second computer to run the latest versions of everything.

Running FM9-Edit 1.02.08 on MAC Ventura 13.6.4. I haven't (yet) loaded fw 6 Public Beta.

However, on FM9T FW: 5.01, as I often do successfully, I attempted to import a preset that was created on AXE-FX III. Upon import to a blank preset, nothing imported. I tried as well to import an FM3-created preset; same results.

I downgraded to FM9-EDIT 1.02.06 and was able to import both III and FM3 presets.

On fw 6 Public Beta, are similar preset imports working via FM9-EDIT 1.02.08?

So, I'm doing a session tomorrow, and I just realized that FM9 Edit only works on Mac 10.13, but my laptop that I use for editing is 10.12.6. What can I do in this instance? It seems the latest that I have on my laptop is 1.01.08. I can't update this macbook before tomorrow. Will this still work? with my up to date FM9? Will 1.02.6 work with this latest firmware? It seems I can get at least that high according to my latest OS.

So, I'm doing a session tomorrow, and I just realized that FM9 Edit only works on Mac 10.13, but my laptop that I use for editing is 10.12.6. What can I do in this instance? It seems the latest that I have on my laptop is 1.01.08. I can't update this macbook before tomorrow. Will this still work? with my up to date FM9? Will 1.02.6 work with this latest firmware? It seems I can get at least that high according to my latest OS.
You only need this version if you are running the Beta. If you are not running the beta you can continue to use 1.02.06. If you are running Beta firmware you'll have to run FM9-Edit on a different machine or edit your presets directly on the FM9.

You only need this version if you are running the Beta. If you are not running the beta you can continue to use 1.02.06. If you are running Beta firmware you'll have to run FM9-Edit on a different machine or edit your presets directly on the FM9.
Got ya! Thanks for the reply! Shoot.. that’s tough because I am running the beta on my FM9... 1.02.06 won’t work at all on this current beta? I use FM9 for quick building presets, changing scenes etc., and I’m not gonna be using dynacabs.

Got ya! Thanks for the reply! Shoot.. that’s tough because I am running the beta on my FM9... 1.02.06 won’t work at all on this current beta? I use FM9 for quick building presets, changing scenes etc., and I’m not gonna be using dynacabs.
YMMV. I expect somethings will work. However, you won't be able to select any of the new drives, reverbs, amps, etc. I'm not sure what would happen if you saved a preset on device using any new model and then tried to edit it further in the older version of FM9-Edit either. Definitely a use at your own risk kind of thing.

If you aren't planning on using any of the new stuff you can always rollback to 5.01 and restore from a backup you took on that version of the Firmware. If you are using any of the new stuff you'll want to do it on device for sure.

I'm not sure that's a true statement. There was a fix for saving presets added to this version.

I'm not sure that's a true statement. There was a fix for saving presets added to this version.
To be clear I was saying 1.02.06 (this is the current version linked on the main website FM9 page) was fine if not running the beta. It saves presets fine if on 5.01. I was careful to not speak in absolutes in regards to continuing to run the beta firmware and using an older version of the editor. I wouldn’t risk it personally and would just edit on device or rollback to 5.01.

If anything, this taught me to use the front panel more and to program per preset placement holder buttons on the fly, so that was a blessing!

Back
Top Bottom