FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running this on my FM9T and it is working beautifully with Gapless and Spillover enabled! Interestingly my CPU was clocking 86% but it was still working perfectly, but as a precaution I removed a couple of blocks I didn't really need anymore so it is on 78% now.

Thanks - I can see the Overdrive volume control on the FM9 screen and it defaults to 5 (the same as the Master Volume). If I turn it upto 10 the block volume is about the same as the other amp models. So are the default values too low?
The default values are arbitrary. When you use the real amp there is no "default value". You adjust the knobs until you get the sound you want. No difference with the amp models.

That did it. Here you go @Angry Buzzy

For anyone wanting to try this, keep in mind it's at 84.9% CPU on my FM9T lol

Edit: it's also very much a work in progress. Scenes are named but not dialed in, etc.

Edit 2: I also have it setup to play through my entire setup right now which includes my studio monitors which are just stereo AND my three FRFRs. This means the mixer blocks aren't tweaked to be ideal for either of those two "systems". My plan is to save one preset for use with the FRFRs and one for use with the monitors. The cool thing is that you can easily just use the single preset for either system or both by just dialing in the mixer blocks appropriately. Output 1 goes to my pair of PXMs and my studio monitors; Output 2 goes to my FR-12. That may seem a little backward if just looking at the picture of the preset, but the routing and mixer blocks allow me to mix as much wet or dry signal as I want into either of the outputs. I got this idea from @GreatGreen

Edit 3: Lol...now it is at 84.9% occasionally hitting 85% and generating the warning. Fine, I just deleted the Multi-Delay block and it's down to a very comfortable 74% now. That's the "take 2" version.

Edit 4: Seems that little CPU bump to 85% was generated because the Multitap Delay block was set on Space Tape. When I set it back to my normal Aurora Delay setting it went back down to 83.7%.
Thanks so much, DP! I've been trying to work out some W/D and W/D/W presets and wasn't completely happy with how I handling the separation of the effects.

They weren't really in one release. There were many private releases too.

Odds are good with more eyes on it in open beta we'll find a couple more, but it's really solid as is.

I'm not speaking about this release in particular so much as software as a whole. Many small releases help shrink the surface area of the change which could cause a newly discovered problem, making it easier to fix. If there's a problem in the public beta it could be caused by any number of aspects of this firmware release. As a developer, I try and avoid that when I can and follow a flow more like the AXE FX III with rapid smaller updates. And wishing the team luck for this release with such large changes all going out at once!

hmm, I need to try it again but FW6 bricked my FM9T - totally unresponsive to button presses, also got Black Screen at 1 point, its was processing audio OK but just couldn't do anything.

Emergency Boot and revert to 5.01 and all good apart from the presets I'd saved at 6 which were totally screwed.

No point sharing any presets or sysex's as I put it back - the preset I was messing with (a 4CM one) was running 79/80 ish once I'd turned on the seamless stuff and put the Sunrise whatever it is drive model in my preset, then saved 3 copies of this to get the seamless thing going- caveat here is that I am also running old FM9 edit due to my Mac being 10.1 (so made those seamless setup changes on the unit)

All seemed fine on new FW until I turned off the unit and came back to it an hour later.

Once restored, I lost all System Settings, FC settings, per-preset etc all non-FW6 presets look to be OK from a block perspective - the ones I'd saved at 6 were blank apart from just a single drive in them? restore sorted it though and all good in the hood again.

I updated to FW 6.0 Public Beta from FW 4.01. What a killer update! I love the new tones (new Spring and Plate reverb algos, the Mesa MK V Green and Red amp models, the Morning Glory drive, etc...) but more than anything I appreciate the improved functionality of the gapless audio switching. Thank you to the Fractal team of engineers and testers who worked so hard on this update. What above and beyond service it is to make updates like this available this deep into the product's life cycle. I can die happy now. Nothing but gratitude!

Is/will cab smoothing be supported on FM9?
I have both fxIII and FM9 (which is travelling with me) and keep patches synced in between. If I can't use smoothing on FM9 then I can't use it on fxIII either.

Is/will cab smoothing be supported on FM9?
I have both fxIII and FM9 (which is travelling with me) and keep patches synced in between. If I can't use smoothing on FM9 then I can't use it on fxIII either.
I don’t know if this has been discussed before. Probably? I’d check to see if there is a feature request thread for the feature you can vote on. Otherwise, you can create a separate feature thread.

However, as @yek said you can smooth them in Cab-Lab 4. Even with the DynaCab Packs. I believe the option is “Min Phase” next to the output format.

I don’t know if this has been discussed before. Probably? I’d check to see if there is a feature request thread for the feature you can vote on. Otherwise, you can create a separate feature thread.

However, as @yek said you can smooth them in Cab-Lab 4. Even with the DynaCab Packs. I believe the option is “Min Phase” next to the output format.
No it's not min phase

No it's not min phase
My mistake. I guess it is a more manual process of aligning. I do connect Cab-Lab 4 to my FM9 and process as UltraRes and Min Phase. Then I adjust my mic alignment to taste. However, it works great! Then it is all baked into the IR and you get the benefit on any of the systems.

Î
Thanks - I can see the Overdrive volume control on the FM9 screen and it defaults to 5 (the same as the Master Volume). If I turn it upto 10 the block volume is about the same as the other amp models. So are the default values too low?
I’ve always used the ods clean with the master volume a nearly max position.

This amp was always quieter than others.

Gapless question. Sorry if it's a repeat. Is there any reason not to use gapless? Does it eat some CPU?
I can see there are options within gapless, all vs scenes...

I welcome any thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom