FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Moly that is like a kitchen sink! LOL
Screenshot%202024-01-24%20at%202.26.36%E2%80%AFPM.png

81.2% on my kitchen sink....

FM9 Firmware Version 6.00 public beta 1 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/6p0/fm9_dsp_rel_6p00_public_beta_1.zip

If updating from a firmware version older than 5.00, you will need to use the newest version of Fractal-Bot to install Dyna-Cabs:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-3-00-17.195519/

An updated version of FM9-Edit is required for use with this release:
<link pending>

Version 6.00 - January 23, 2024​

- might be the first time I install beta — been waiting for this since the axe iii updated to gapless

For your ODS models are you running the Master Volume exceptionally low? If my MV is at 6.4 on HRM my level is at -10 dB. If I turn the MV down to ~2.0 I have to push the Level to ~+12 dB.

For the Preset Export update to the latest build of FM9-Edit https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-02-08-to-support-fw-6-00-public-beta.201281/.
Cheers - have updated AxeEdit.3

Not running master volume very low, the ODS-100 channel is way quieter (About 25db) than the Friedman channel with similar Gain and Master volume settings.
1706131903677.png

1706131969609.png

Attachments

• Low ODS100 Volume example.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
There's no guarantee that the outputs of two different amp models will be the same. As was said above, it's like in real life since the models are based on the real amps.
Im used to small differences, but 25db output difference means you blow your head off if you setup a ODS amp at unity level, then scroll to a different amp type! It didnt used to be that big a difference.

Is anyone else able to perform a backup since the update? I have updated the firmware and the FM9 edit software. I cannot back anything up, getting this message-

Message timeout: Bank A, patch 0 (1 of 128)

Does not matter if I try to backup with everything checked or try on at a time I get this message.

Is this not able to backup due to it being beta firmware?

Is anyone else able to perform a backup since the update? I have updated the firmware and the FM9 edit software. I cannot back anything up, getting this message-

Message timeout: Bank A, patch 0 (1 of 128)

Does not matter if I try to backup with everything checked or try on at a time I get this message.

Is this not able to backup due to it being beta firmware?
working as intended here. 'non-turbo' version.

Im used to small differences, but 25db output difference means you blow your head off if you setup a ODS amp at unity level, then scroll to a different amp type! It didnt used to be that big a difference.
It's not the ODS or the Friedman, but I did find something odd when moving through amps in the Amp Picker where many different amps cause the volume of the current preset to change drastically.

I'm posting something in the Edit v1.2.8 thread.

What I'm seeing is that the volume level will drop, then drop further as I scroll around, as if the changes are being added together.

Last edited:
Just got in from rehearsals

My band went through a fair few tunes tonight where I was using plenty of different presents doing lots of different things

Zero issues and sounded fantastic

I use the 5153 pretty much exclusively so I need to fire the stealth up for sure!
Might be me but my preset with the 5153 red sounds very slightly darker, less present. Perhaps due to the presence value changes but that might be nonsense. The stealth version on exactly the same settings has more low end so I adjusted the Depth to around 5 And it has more high end so sounds sharper. I recommend turning the treble down before the presence to help round it off. Overall though I prefer the low mid response of the Stealth, it sounds thicker And tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom