FM9 Firmware Version 5.01

AXEIII 24.01 mentions “Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.” This is more interesting to me than switching. I’m hoping that it will be part of FM9 6.0.

I hear you...that's the line from the release notes that have made me anticipate firmware 6.x big time, along with the new "triode modeling". Have been reading that the Fender amps really come alive and benefit from the new triode stuff...will be worth the wait I'm sure.

Less latency is also interesting and welcome, although I've never felt a "disconnect" with the current time.

Twiddling...tapping pencil...F5, lather, rinse, repeat...good news is that the Axe III just received its 24.02 release...time moves quickly with anticipation...

A New Year's FM9 release would be spectacular. So would winning Powerball. Chance of either anytime soon? Better chance of cloudy with meatballs.

Last edited:
It’s silly really. I just lost a whole day yesterday going down the rabbit hole… tweaking my fm9 and fm3 pedalboards. Doing a deep dive on my favorite presets and learning some new tips that added even more functionality to this product. And of course, playing lots of guitar. I’ve never been so impressed and satisfied with a product. Even if we never receive another update I’d be just fine.

That said, knowing that there are new additions in amps and effects, new features and improvements etc. I can’t help but want to be included. I don’t need it. In fact, I live on one kitchen sink preset, using scene controllers for amp gain, I have no gaps. I still want the shiny new thing 🤣

It’s silly really. I just lost a whole day yesterday going down the rabbit hole… tweaking my fm9 and fm3 pedalboards. Doing a deep dive on my favorite presets and learning some new tips that added even more functionality to this product. And of course, playing lots of guitar. I’ve never been so impressed and satisfied with a product. Even if we never receive another update I’d be just fine.

That said, knowing that there are new additions in amps and effects, new features and improvements etc. I can’t help but want to be included. I don’t need it. In fact, I live on one kitchen sink preset, using scene controllers for amp gain, I have no gaps. I still want the shiny new thing 🤣
+1

Twiddling...tapping pencil...F5, lather, rinse, repeat...good news is that the Axe III just received its 24.02 release...time moves quickly with anticipation...

A New Year's FM9 release would be spectacular. So would winning Powerball. Chance of either anytime soon? Better chance of cloudy with meatballs.
Win win! I love meatballs!

PSA: As has been stated before by Cliff and beta testers, new FM9 firmware is currently in private beta testing. It IS the holiday season. Patience is key. A different dev team works on FM9.
Peace.

PSA: As has been stated before by Cliff and beta testers, new FM9 firmware is currently in private beta testing. It IS the holiday season. Patience is key. A different dev team works on FM9.
Peace.
Although I don't know where this was posted, word from several forum members has been the FM9's firmware is currently in private beta testing. Apparently verified by several of the testing team themselves, it's nice to know that no teenage adolescent who owns a FM9 will get to see his other ball drop any sooner than his hormones will allow.

IMHO, us "teenagers" are chomping at the bit big time waiting for this firmware release. It's palpable, and as we watch the Axe III firmware advance comparatively quickly, we wonder if the FM9 team is deliberately doing their jobs slowly in order to increase our anticipation/appreciation/gratitude once that other ball falls accordingly.

My voice went from tenor to baritone last time. Will be changing my name to "Mr. Bassman" soon.

Last edited:
What's this talk about less latency? Is that something spawned from that "FM9 has 5ms Latency" thread?"

Edit: nm. Found Cliff's quote:
thank Random Hero fror that one , he was doing measurements and found FM9 had more than the Fm3 , which Cliff said they should be the same
unless there is an extra buffer somewhere , Obviously they found it and corrected the issue

Correct. We can't discuss anything that Fractal hasn't made public... We can tell you we're testing because Cliff already posted that it's been handed over to us, but at this time that's all.
When handed a private beta, are you also given a list of functions/features to test or is it more or less, here it is let us know how it works?

Back
Top Bottom