FM9 Firmware Version 5.01

I switched from Helix to Fractal about a year and a half ago with FM9 Turbo. Since then 2 very unexpected updates Cygnus X2 and DynaCabs have noticeably improved my tone. I now also have an FM3 Turbo. I’m happy every time I plug in! I’ve played many gigs so I don’t really need gapless switching but it would be nice. Until then I will heed the advice of a wise man.

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 33
No beta yet. There’s another thread where Cliff indicated that FM9 FW 6.00 has entered private beta.

It has, and we're digging into it…

From "Falling behind"…
Firmware 6.00 for the FM9 went to private beta yesterday.

The holidays slow the progress by a couple weeks which will be on top of whatever cycle length we encounter working our way through testing. Good things come to those who wait… patiently.

I woke up this morning to open my presents, hoping to find a new update for my FM9 with seamless switching, two pitch blocks (yeah Right) and new amps, but… nothing. Well I’ll keep waiting then
Since it Christmas , it will probably be a few weeks
I would just say put it out of mind till the new years

It has, and we're digging into it…

From "Falling behind"…

The holidays slow the progress by a couple weeks which will be on top of whatever cycle length we encounter working our way through testing. Good things come to those who wait… patiently.
Greg,
Thanks for being part of the private beta testing crew. In all likelihood the crew can't divulge proprietary info without FAS' say-so, so it just makes sense to wait until new info is revealed to us.

Having been part of the group of folks who would sometimes order their guitars from the PRS factory via retail dealers, yup, I know the meaning of delayed gratification. And to be brutally honest, FAS firmware upgrades occur much sooner than waiting for an ordered guitar to arrive at the retailer.

We're like a bunch of kids waiting for Dad to arrive home from a business trip to see what he's brought us...

Greg,
Thanks for being part of the private beta testing crew. In all likelihood the crew can't divulge proprietary info without FAS' say-so, so it just makes sense to wait until new info is revealed to us.

Having been part of the group of folks who would sometimes order their guitars from the PRS factory via retail dealers, yup, I know the meaning of delayed gratification. And to be brutally honest, FAS firmware upgrades occur much sooner than waiting for an ordered guitar to arrive at the retailer.

We're like a bunch of kids waiting for Dad to arrive home from a business trip to see what he's brought us...
Correct. We can't discuss anything that Fractal hasn't made public... We can tell you we're testing because Cliff already posted that it's been handed over to us, but at this time that's all.

Correct. We can't discuss anything that Fractal hasn't made public... We can tell you we're testing because Cliff already posted that it's been handed over to us, but at this time that's all.
I can recall the time I was interviewed for a job position and asked if I could see some of the company's data sheets in order to gain some insight as to what my potential job would include...the interviewer politely said, "Sorry, that's proprietary information we don't reveal."

My initial reaction was, "Why, what's there to hide?" Then my realization was the files were kept in confidence with specific work standards that might be compromised if the average Joe were to view them.

Likewise, private beta testing is an exclusive club member's group that require non-disclosure of company proceedings. The reason things aren't disclosed is because it might compromise ongoing R&D tech or related company aspects.

It's OK. I get it that FAS doesn't make public ongoing systems tests or company doings that if revealed might jeopardize a competitive edge. What I don't get is why folks insist on having their cake before it's baked. Seriously. Who really wants half-baked cake? If you keep opening the oven door the cake will never finish baking.

Back
Top Bottom