FM9 Firmware Version 5.01

Is that how the release cycle usually goes? A release on the FXiii, then a couple of bug patches, and when things calm down focus gets turned on the FM9/3?
It depends...

The Axe Fx III is the flagship and is Cliff's domain.

There are other folks that "own" the FM9 and FM3.

We're not really privy to how/when the changes are "passed" to the others.

Sometimes changes come quickly, others not so much.

These are some major changes so I think it may need a bit more time to be absorbed into the other units.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

It is annoying to see the III get another beta ahead of anything for the 9.
I have both a III and a 9 but I don't gig the III. I know what I'm missing! ;)

I also am looking forward to gapless coming to the FM9 but don't look at it as a direct transition where you can necessarily just instantly "port" the enhancements over. The FM9 has less processing power than the AXFX3. That might make it trickier to incorporate the kinds of technical compromises that a gapless feature seems to require without noticeably or significantly impacting other aspects of the FM9's operation. It also might be possible that they have determined that it makes more sense to first stabilize the new firmware on one platform, the AXFX3, instead of squashing the same bugs on multiple devices before pushing it out. Just speculating though.

Meanwhile... AF3 just got firmware 24.0 beta. It would be so nice to be on the same update schedule, but I really don't want a rack unit LOL.

I'll give credit to the L6 devs, they took a break from updates for a little while to re code their stuff, so that all units were eligible to update together when new firmwares where released. That was nice. I know its probably not possible in the Fractal world.

Meanwhile... AF3 just got firmware 24.0 beta. It would be so nice to be on the same update schedule, but I really don't want a rack unit LOL.

I'll give credit to the L6 devs, they took a break from updates for a little while to re code their stuff, so that all units were eligible to update together when new firmwares where released. That was nice. I know its probably not possible in the Fractal world.
Having come over from the Line 6 world, it actually makes me wonder if the big boy Helix was dumbed down a little bit, so the Stomp could get the same update, the same day. If so, I'm not in favor. I want the new stuff in the latest update, but give me what the FM9 can handle, and let the FXiii be as nuts as it can be.

Having come over from the Line 6 world, it actually makes me wonder if the big boy Helix was dumbed down a little bit, so the Stomp could get the same update, the same day. If so, I'm not in favor. I want the new stuff in the latest update, but give me what the FM9 can handle, and let the FXiii be as nuts as it can be.
Yeah I’ve wondered that too, and I agree with you. It’s probably better to have the each firmware tailored to the specific hardware.

That said, in my dream fractal releases a floorboard with all the power of the rack lol. I'd pay top dollar for a flagship floor version that's on the same update schedule as the flagship rack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom