FM9 Firmware Version 5.00 public beta (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of trying this beta update today. What do I need to know and is there anything that I need to be cautious of? How will it affect my current presets?

Thinking of trying this beta update today. What do I need to know and is there anything that I need to be cautious of? How will it affect my current presets?

I gigged it twice this past weekend and it worked just fine for me. I haven't had anything happen that's a red flag so far. It is a beta though, so proceed accordingly. YMMV

I gigged it twice this past weekend and it worked just fine for me. I haven't had anything happen that's a red flag so far. It is a beta though, so proceed accordingly. YMMV
Thank you! Just wondering if you needed to tweak any of your settings? Trying to wrap my head around this update, including DynaCab.

Ok so, a little update. I went back to the latest firmware and everything went back to normal, so it's definately something related to the beta. The presets I tweaked where not using dyna-cabs by the way...

Will my FM yell at me if I do this update??!?!?!?!?!?
This is a good question, and I'd think we would have heard about it by now if it were happening. I plan to do variations of preset switching, power down, power up, scenes, etc... lots of exercise before I take it on stage. I'm hoping it was some strange corner case specific to the FM3.

Reactions: JTI
Not sure if anyone else experienced this, but I was updating some presets with Dynacabs and all of a sudden, FM9 Edit disconnected from my unit. I can’t get a connection back. Downloaded the latest Windows driver just to make sure. Connected to Fractal Bot and got all green check marks, cause I thought maybe my cable just randomly went bad. It just swirls on trying to connect and pops up this message. Any ideas??

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Not sure if anyone else experienced this, but I was updating some presets with Dynacabs and all of a sudden, FM9 Edit disconnected from my unit. I can’t get a connection back. Downloaded the latest Windows driver just to make sure. Connected to Fractal Bot and got all green check marks, cause I thought maybe my cable just randomly went bad. It just swirls on trying to connect and pops up this message. Any ideas??
Did you check the selected ports as it says?

Also, refer to this thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-connection-issues-with-the-editor-help-is-here.194108/

It still could be USB cable or port.

Anyone else experiencing any ground loop buzz with this beta? I reverted back to 4.01 and it was gone. Dyna cab FW was also loaded with update to 5.0b(1). I can't recall if I had the dyna cab turned on or off in that preset, but the presets were stock fractal ones.

Anyone else experiencing any ground loop buzz with this beta? I reverted back to 4.01 and it was gone. Dyna cab FW was also loaded with update to 5.0b(1). I can't recall if I had the dyna cab turned on or off in that preset, but the presets were stock fractal ones.
That seems pretty odd...

Maybe try again and if it happens again reset system settings?

Since experiencing the Dyna-Cab feature update, I’ve had my hopes confirmed that the FM9 is the best alternative to a great tube amp (currently a Friedman Little Sister with a Tone King Iron Man II) with a pedalboard. Today I will take delivery of a Milkman “The Amp Stereo” and see how that fits in.

Great work FAS team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom