FM9 Firmware Version 4.01

Or look at it from the utility aspect. You are getting ~300 amplifiers, plus a huge number of cabs, pedals and a studio full of effects for a TINY percentage of what the real gear would cost, and by the end of the year you will have received even more gear AND upgrades to the equipment that improved its sound without paying a service or upgrade fee.
and that is massive for those of us who have spent $$$$$$ for tube amps, speaker cabs and pedals 👊

Maybe you've already seen this, but if you haven't these settings helped quite a bit for me at least.

I've done this before, but always felt it should be a lot easier. Like, select Whammy+Pedal somewhere in the settings and all of these instructions just happen.

Love the zoomed mode for the display. Looks really odd at home but will be awesome on stage. Compressor block feels great, and my levels stayed normal enough for me to feel confident not diving into the weeds too far. No bugs as far as I can see!

The only change I noticed for the worse was a slight increase in CPU usage that took some patches I was running pretty much right at 80% and bumped them into the mid-82s, and some others have a similar effect. Likely from the compressor block, as the presets I notice it on most have two comp blocks, but nothing that I can't get around by bumping down from UltraRes to standard cabs.

Does it seem to anyone else that that with the 4.01 release the 'mix' level of reverb may have increased in general? Didn't notice it on the betas, but it does stand out now. I always add a little reverb so my IEM's don't sound so dry, but find I am scaling reverb mix back by 20-25% with 4.01. Not a big deal and I can adjust my presets, just something I noticed.

Does it seem to anyone else that that with the 4.01 release the 'mix' level of reverb may have increased in general? Didn't notice it on the betas, but it does stand out now. I always add a little reverb so my IEM's don't sound so dry, but find I am scaling reverb mix back by 20-25% with 4.01. Not a big deal and I can adjust my presets, just something I noticed.
I did not experience that. Are you running reverb in parallel or in series in your presets?

Last edited:
What firmware version were you running previous to 4.01? Cuz there was a fix about the reverb mix a few versions ago. Check release notes

Has anyone else experienced the error when trying update the firmware that FM9 edit errors out at about 50% and then the window keeps opening saying the unit has to be on and connected? I can't get past 50% update for the firmware without this error happening...

Has anyone else experienced the error when trying update the firmware that FM9 edit errors out at about 50% and then the window keeps opening saying the unit has to be on and connected? I can't get past 50% update for the firmware without this error happening...
I had something similar happen. I reinstalled the newest usb driver for the FM9, tried again and was able to install the firmware without issue.

No, sorry!

Are you using Fractal Bot? Be sure to be on a blank preset, it works better. Also some have suggested bad or faulty USB cables.

I did not experience that. Are you running reverb in parallel or in series in your presets?
Have it in series generally, running my delays in parallel. I do have a couple where I run reverb parallel also.

Thanks - I expect I just need minor tweaks. Ill check to see if my reverb inputs are running hotter also.

What firmware version were you running previous to 4.01? Cuz there was a fix about the reverb mix a few versions ago. Check release notes
I pretty much keep up to date, and was running 4.01b2 before the final release and update. Maybe I'm just hearing this now and need minor tweaks - thanks tho.

So I loaded the beta a few weeks ago and really had no issues but I loaded the 4.01 last night anyway since I have a few weeks to play between shows. I noticed after the load that both the unit and the computer still show my version as "4.01 beta". Is that normal or did I screw something up? Everything is working fine and sounds correct so it doesn't really matter, just curious.

So I loaded the beta a few weeks ago and really had no issues but I loaded the 4.01 last night anyway since I have a few weeks to play between shows. I noticed after the load that both the unit and the computer still show my version as "4.01 beta". Is that normal or did I screw something up? Everything is working fine and sounds correct so it doesn't really matter, just curious.
My unit and FM9 Edit both show 4.01. Are you sure you didn't load the old file back in? I managed to do that a while ago.......

I installed the new FM9 Editor last night. Installed the 4.01 FW update with Fractal Bot. Got the screen on the FM9 that said the upload was complete and to shut down, wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on. The display is dark and each of the foot switches are lit with --- in the windows. Any ideas what might have happened?

I installed the new FM9 Editor last night. Installed the 4.01 FW update with Fractal Bot. Got the screen on the FM9 that said the upload was complete and to shut down, wait 5 minutes and then turn it back on. The display is dark and each of the foot switches are lit with --- in the windows. Any ideas what might have happened?
Try rebooting again.

Back
Top Bottom