FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I made the registry change and hopefully that helps!
Sorry I edited my post after your last post. But I would disable the selective suspend too if you haven't already. Then see if problem goes away. If so you can try to enable selective suspend again and see if problem comes back. If not you are good and it was the USB battery saver. Otherwise nuke 'em both!

Sacrifices will have to be made.
Some have commented here that if CabLab 4 has the ability to do the heavey lifting on your computer then export the resulting dyna-cab for use in the fm3/fm9 - then at some point its just an IR. So maybe the AxeFX's will have enough horsepower to mix them up in the box - but the rest of us might have to opt for doing the mixing in CabLab.

It is still a sacrifice but I would be fine with this too.

Well, looks like we’ll have to wait another week or so, unless something happens over the weekend (which is not unheard of).

In the meantime I guess I’ll console myself with the Friedman Little Sister w/112 cab that I just took delivery of to keep my FM9T company. :)

Last edited:
Well, looks like we’ll have to wait another week or so, unless something happens over the weekend.

In the meantime I guess I’ll console myself with the Friedman Little Sister w/112 cab that I just took delivery of to keep my FM9T company. :)
Did you load beta 2? It will satisfy your thirst for new firmware I promise. I have not had a single issue with it and I loaded it the day it dropped. Even if you didn't load the beta, you know if they drop another beta (3) with dyna-cabs you are gonna load it. If not then kudos - you are far more stoic and disciplined than I am! I can say even just the new screen layout is really nice. Especially if like me your eyes aren't what they used to be.

I have twin 20 watt mesa studio .22+ amps. So I bet placating yourself with that lil sis will pass the time either way. I am sure it is similar (but probably a lot less noisy) to my .22's. These mesas are noisy but in their defense they are like 30 years old. Still looking for an amp tech to trust them with - but a 1x12 20 watt is the sweet spot for me in a combo!

Last edited:
I just had an issue where I could not add an impulse through cab manager. I dragged from the far left window as normal and it wouldn't take it. I exited fm9edit, reopened and it worked. No biggie.

I used to live in Walnut Creek - but now I am in Boulder, Co. I have a list of names from ex-band mates, etc. I have even "interviewed" some in person - but they did not impress with actual experience on this amp (or even similar Mesas from ~30 years ago.). I just saw a week or so ago that Mesa has someone new on their list of factory authorized peeps in Denver that I have not checked out yet. So maybe they worked on some dinosaur mesas! I love them though - took like 15 years after I bought the first one new to find a twin. They are just way too RF sensitive now. That's the way they built them back then I guess - less shielding cause we didn't use all the wireless shtuff we do now. At least that's what 1 amp tech told me.

So they will need rewiring and some extra shielding.

Some have commented here that if CabLab 4 has the ability to do the heavey lifting on your computer then export the resulting dyna-cab for use in the fm3/fm9 - then at some point its just an IR. So maybe the AxeFX's will have enough horsepower to mix them up in the box - but the rest of us might have to opt for doing the mixing in CabLab.

It is still a sacrifice but I would be fine with this too.
As a bedroom guitar player I actually prefer to load IRs into my DAW, because I can change them later if I need to tweak the mix. A DynaCab plugin will definitely be an instant buy for me.

Doing some tests in this period.
I will make a post with the results
thanks. I pulled the trigger on a TC Sentra but there's a waiting list yet again. I saw some YT posts to this effect. I find the included Tonex noise gate somewhat useless at removing the chirps for high gain.
This video was somewhat of a guide for me:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom