FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I still get the Setlist behavior as described below in this beta, can anybody confirm this (or at lest tell me that this is indeed a bug and not a user error)?
So, I tested it today, and definitely think there is a bug:
  • 2 presets:
    • Preset 1: default Scene 1
    • Preset 2: default Scene 5 (to make it easier)
  • Setlist:
    • Song 1 Section 1: P#1 | S# Default
    • Song 2 Section 1: P#2 | S# Default
  • Layout:
    • "Song" | "Select in Set" | 1
    • "Song" | "Select in Set" | 2
Now I assume I am at song 2, scene 5 (so the default scene).
  • Changing to song 1, the startup scene is scene 5 (default of song 2).
  • Changing back to song 2, the startup scene is scene 1 (default of song 1).
Can anybody confirm this behavior?

Yeah, funny! I had copied my amps from the axe III to the FM9 weeks ago. Now these amps got my axeiii settings on the dynamics knob. It seems these settings had already been there but were invisible until now.

The input dynamics coming back is an interesting thing as there was a poll and it looked like it might be removed on the AX3 a while back
Cliff basically said you could do the same with a Compressor block .

So I wonder is the input dynamics a new improved algorithm or just a part of the bigger picture that he has been working on

Can the input dynamics be controlled with a Scene Controller? Could save me a compressor block.
If it allows modifier assignment then any modifier could be used... Maybe that's what you're asking, but not sure.

I'm not in front of mine so not sure it allows a modifier...

Quick noodle with the new drive and amp

Thanks for the vid @2112! Did you happen to try the Buxom Boost keeping the level at 5 and then using the boost control on its own to push the amp? I tried both ways and got differing results. The pedal itself doesn’t have a level control and only has the boost, so I’m wondering if the intended usage is to leave the level around noon and just manipulate the boost level. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for the vid @2112! Did you happen to try the Buxom Boost keeping the level at 5 and then using the boost control on its own to push the amp? I tried both ways and got differing results. The pedal itself doesn’t have a level control and only has the boost, so I’m wondering if the intended usage is to leave the level around noon and just manipulate the boost level. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Cliff confirmed to me that Level at 10 is the correct default value... Although it can obviously be used as you like.

I also found in some cases I wanted it lower.

I think the Tight control is really nice!

This is cool, the Buxom Boost is one of my favorite pedals on my board. I’ll be curious to see how it stacks up against the FM9 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom