FM9 Firmware Version 4.01 public beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might have found a bug in this firmware. The wah control is stuck on max if EV-1 is disconnected.
Iv'e followed the instructions and set External 1 to Pedal 1 and set External Control 1 in Midi General to 0%.
If its done when the EV-is disconnected it stys on 0 but if I connect EV-1 and then disconnect it it goes back to 100% and stays there.

I think I might have found a bug in this firmware. The wah control is stuck on max if EV-1 is disconnected.
Iv'e followed the instructions and set External 1 to Pedal 1 and set External Control 1 in Midi General to 0%.
If its done when the EV-is disconnected it stys on 0 but if I connect EV-1 and then disconnect it it goes back to 100% and stays there.
Not a bug. That's just how the ports on the FM9 and FM3 work if there's no variable load attached to them.

Not a bug. That's just how the ports on the FM9 and FM3 work if there's no variable load attached to them.
Thanks for the answer! A bit unfortunate behaviour I would say. Maybe not if the EV-1 is used as a volume pedal off course but as a wha indeed.

True! I think I found a way to handle it as well. If the preset is saved with the wha bypassed and the controller at 0 it will stay that way when the preset is selected without the EV-1 connected. That is good enough.
Addition: The scenes having wha in the preset has to be saved in bypass.

Hi there!

I use Fractal Audio for a long time now, since 2008. I owned an Axe Standard, an an Axe II, which I used a lot live and in studio, now I switched to FM9, I owned FM3 as well. Both FM3/9 are amazing gears I love to play with.

I think, I experienced some strange behaviour in FW 4.01, maybe it's a bug:

I tried to organize the footswitches on my FM9 for an upcoming rehearsal with my band. I needed two presets with several scene changes plus stompbox-like functions and my idea was to use same footswitch #7 on both presets to select the other one, so that I could kind of toggle between them. I edited the footswitch layouts as mentioned in the manual and as I'd done it before on both FM3 and FM9 with pre-FW 4.01, including overriding the built-in layouts (I never use them, because I found it better for me to build my own layouts from scratch. I'm a long-time programmer myself, so I don't fear programming complexity).

So in a nutshell I saved preset A to preset #000, preset B to preset #001.

Strange behaviour: After configuring my switching layout and defining the switch for the preset selection, FM9 always jumped to preset #511.

I tried couple of things to get rid of this, nothing helped. When I choose display name "# of destination", then the FM9 clearly shows #511 on its footswitch display, no matter which preset # I targeted. I also tried toggling between preset #000/#001, and I tried to edit with and without FM9Edit software. And I frtfm... but nothing helped.

I ended up with a workaround:
Funny part is, that this behaviour only occurs at lower preset # <= 010 (I am in office now, but I think, it was #010). I assigned my presets to preset #020 and #021 and fake-toggle between them. Works fine.

As far as I remember, the FW 3 did not show this behaviour. For FW 4.0 I can't tell for sure.

Cheers Thomas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom