FM9 Firmware Version 4.00

Last edited:
FW 4.0 is performing flawlessly for me. With the added clarity in the bass, I've been able to lean on it a touch more. I've enjoyed tweaking my patches, I'm not looking to get them sounding exactly as they were, I rather enjoy exploring what new possibilities 4.0 has introduced. This is time well spent. Thx Fractal, sounds fabulous! My two wheeler has finally missed a gig.

I am finding that single coils play really nicely on FW 4.0. in the past I had to have preset versions for SC and HB equipped guitars. Since 4.0 came out, I have been able to use Single preset for both. Not sure if it has something to do with improved bass response, but I will take it!

Yesterday I encountered something strange (second time since I got the FM9, so this happened in both FW 3 as well in FW 4):
Somehow, the input was much more sensitive. Didn't change anything on the Input 1/Instrument Level. The issue disappeared after a restart.
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what were the steps to reproduce it.
I am just reaching out to know if anybody experienced the same?
Oh, thank God it’s not just me.

I’m having this EXACT problem right now. I’ve turned my A/D sensitivity all the way down to 4% and it’s still too high. I restarted the FM9 turbo and that sort of fixed it, but not really because now my sensitivity has to be half what it was before (used to be 40% and now I have it down to 20%).

Question for you - anyone having any MIDI block oddness? I sometimes program the MIDI block to send light program changes (CC) per scene, and it seems to be skipping from time to time. Could be my light program as well and I will be checking that, just thought I would ask here first to see if anyone had similar experience.

v4.0, FM9 Edit open, changes scenes fine and the midi block shows the correct CC numbers changing per scene (although the screen update seems to lag), just sometimes doesn't 'send' or get to my light program... if I then hit 'Test' it will send so I know its not a communication issue. So far seems to happen every 6-8 scene changes but its not consistent.

Is the first CC line in the MIDI block. Second and following lines seems to send OK each scene.

Question for you - anyone having any MIDI block oddness? I sometimes program the MIDI block to send light program changes (CC) per scene, and it seems to be skipping from time to time. Could be my light program as well and I will be checking that, just thought I would ask here first to see if anyone had similar experience.

v4.0, FM9 Edit open, changes scenes fine and the midi block shows the correct CC numbers changing per scene (although the screen update seems to lag), just sometimes doesn't 'send' or get to my light program... if I then hit 'Test' it will send so I know its not a communication issue. So far seems to happen every 6-8 scene changes but its not consistent.

Is the first CC line in the MIDI block. Second and following lines seems to send OK each scene.
If you connect to your computer with USB you can use a midi monitor like Midi-OX to see what's being sent.

OK, seem something odd is going on. Took a video of FM9 screen:
Scene 1 - can TEST MIDI row 1, cannot 'hilight' TEST on other rows
Goto Scene 5 - same as above
Goto Scene 3 - can TEST any row, even if blank
Back to Scene 5 - can TEST any row but it doesn't send row 2 until I hit TEST (turn off lights in this case)
Back to Scene 1 - can TEST row 2 for a second, then disabled
Back to Scene 5 - can't TEST row 2, does not send row 2 Lights Off midi
Back to Scene 3 - can TEST any row
Back to Scene 5 - does not send row 2, but I can TEST any row and row 2 TEST does send MIDI (lights off)
Repeated it again in the video, same result

OK, seem something odd is going on. Took a video of FM9 screen:
Scene 1 - can TEST MIDI row 1, cannot 'hilight' TEST on other rows
Goto Scene 5 - same as above
Goto Scene 3 - can TEST any row, even if blank
Back to Scene 5 - can TEST any row but it doesn't send row 2 until I hit TEST (turn off lights in this case)
Back to Scene 1 - can TEST row 2 for a second, then disabled
Back to Scene 5 - can't TEST row 2, does not send row 2 Lights Off midi
Back to Scene 3 - can TEST any row
Back to Scene 5 - does not send row 2, but I can TEST any row and row 2 TEST does send MIDI (lights off)
Repeated it again in the video, same result

In Scene 1, you only have 1 command defined. How would you expect the 2nd command to be tested when there's only 1?

When you go "back" to scene 1, you're coming from a scene with 2 commands. The editor is a little "behind" in updating, which is why you see the Test lit up for a short time, I think.

If you repeat these steps with a longer pause after each scene change, does it work as you think it should?

I was scrolling through the different choices in the pitch block using the editor and it locked up my unit four times and I had to do a reboot every time. My CPU is at 73% anyone else have this problem?

I was scrolling through the different choices in the pitch block using the editor and it locked up my unit four times and I had to do a reboot every time. My CPU is at 73% anyone else have this problem?
Any pattern? Was it the same type every time?

Any pattern? Was it the same type every time?
I don't think it was a certain type. I'll have to try again soon. Another thing I noticed that I could reproduce in the editor was moving the number two output block made my cab Two block move on the grid and also bocome disconnected.

I don't think it was a certain type. I'll have to try again soon. Another thing I noticed that I could reproduce in the editor was moving the number two output block made my cab Two block move on the grid and also bocome disconnected.
If I get time today I'll try to reproduce both of those issues.

Also, if you have a preset to share that was particular to the problem that would be good.

What version of FM9-edit are you using?

If I get time today I'll try to reproduce both of those issues.

Also, if you have a preset to share that was particular to the problem that would be good.

What version of FM9-edit are you using?
Newest editor and firmware. I'll get a preset posted when I get a chance. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom