FM9 Firmware Version 4.00 public beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this is what seems to be happening. Long hold for about a second shows the destination channel, but then quickly switches to the NOT (current) destination channel. This is really confusing when playing live and you just want to get from A to B.

I don’t understand this.

What should the main display show? Channel? The main display doesn’t show channels usually. The temporary banner message at the bottom?
yes the temporary banner. I want that and my mini displays to be always in sync. They aren't when changing channels in blocks, at least sometimes.

Ok confirmed this is my issue. All switches and blocks and channels seem to do this. When setting destination channel for the mini display, long holding initially shows the destination channel THEN bounces back to the channel you were just on. So if Im on channel A and long holding to get to B, it'll show for about a second B then bump back to showing A on the mini display until I let go. The Block will properly switch to and stay on B. I'd really like to Eliminate the switching back to A on the display, especially because that's not what's happening during the press.

I can understand when switching between 2 channels that once you actually switch the channel the one you were just on then becomes the destination channel between 2 channels, but this shouldn't show as such on the same press. Now that I'm aware of it it won't be so confusing, but this is very confusing until you see what is actually going on. There's really no good reason to show the prior channel in the same press, just the one you arrive on.

Ok confirmed this is my issue. All switches and blocks and channels seem to do this. When setting destination channel for the mini display, long holding initially shows the destination channel THEN bounces back to the channel you were just on. So if Im on channel A and long holding to get to B, it'll show for about a second B then bump back to showing A on the mini display until I let go. The Block will properly switch to and stay on B. I'd really like to Eliminate the switching back to A on the display, especially because that's not what's happening during the press.
Switch displays show the Tap function. They never show the hold function, except while holding. They also mostly show what happens when you press the switch, not what it’s currently on. It shows where you go not where you are. It’s always been this way.

Switch displays show the Tap function. They never show the hold function, except while holding. They also mostly show what happens when you press the switch, not what it’s currently on. It shows where you go not where you are. It’s always been this way.
Mine do. See video.

Watch how the long hold bounces from the proper destination channel back to the one I was just on and it falls out of sync with the main display banner.

The long hold shows properly where I'm going as its set to destination channel, but then shows where I just was. I would like it to NOT show where I just was in the same hold.

I am having an issue on this beta. If I am in preset 000: 59 Bassguy, and I switch from scenes (default) to effects, and then hit an effects switch, and then choose presets, I can't change presets, it won't switch away from preset 000: 59 Bassguy. The last 2 switches on the right have also changed to read "Bank 000".

The layouts must have been corrupted somehow. I will try re-loading them.
Relative to my last post above, I tried re-loading the "OFM9G" layouts, and that didn't change anything. I reloaded the factory default layouts, and that didn't help either.

I then went to the Utilities / Reset / Reset System Parameters and that seemed to get things back to a state where I can switch presets again. I'm not sure why that happened but at least I'm back in business.

Mine do. See video.

Watch how the long hold bounces from the proper destination channel back to the one I was just on and it falls out of sync with the main display banner.

The long hold shows properly where I'm going as its set to destination channel, but then shows where I just was. I would like it to NOT show where I just was in the same hold.

yes this is normal behavior.

first the switch is showing the Tap function, like always. "Klon/BB"

when you start holding the switch, the switch screen changes to show what is on the Hold function. this will show what will happen when you hold. let's say it's showing B. so it's saying holding the switch will change to channel B.

so at this point, the switch screen has only changed from showing the Tap function, to showing the Hold function.

when the Hold Timeout happens, the channel changes. because the switch always shows what will happen when you use it, the display changes from B to A. the channel has changed, and the switch shows what will happen when you press it. that would be changing to channel A.

the main screen shows where you are. that's why the banner shows B. the channel has changed to B, you are on B, so the banner shows B.

so the switch screen is really changing 3 times with the Hold function. 1st it changes from Tap function to Hold. then since a channel is changing, it changes from "you will go to B" to "you will go to A." then you let go and it changes back to the Tap function.

the main screen and switch screen will never sync up because they are purposefully showing "opposite" information. Main shows where you are, Switch shows where you will go. this is exactly why the Main shows B, but the Switch shows A.

in practice, i wouldn't worry about what the switch screen behavior is after the channel changes. the main screen will show you what you have just done - changed to channel B.

yes this is normal behavior.

first the switch is showing the Tap function, like always. "Klon/BB"

when you start holding the switch, the switch screen changes to show what is on the Hold function. this will show what will happen when you hold. let's say it's showing B. so it's saying holding the switch will change to channel B.

so at this point, the switch screen has only changed from showing the Tap function, to showing the Hold function.

when the Hold Timeout happens, the channel changes. because the switch always shows what will happen when you use it, the display changes from B to A. the channel has changed, and the switch shows what will happen when you press it. that would be changing to channel A.

the main screen shows where you are. that's why the banner shows B. the channel has changed to B, you are on B, so the banner shows B.

so the switch screen is really changing 3 times with the Hold function. 1st it changes from Tap function to Hold. then since a channel is changing, it changes from "you will go to B" to "you will go to A." then you let go and it changes back to the Tap function.

the main screen and switch screen will never sync up because they are purposefully showing "opposite" information. Main shows where you are, Switch shows where you will go. this is exactly why the Main shows B, but the Switch shows A.

in practice, i wouldn't worry about what the switch screen behavior is after the channel changes. the main screen will show you what you have just done - changed to channel B.
I understand all of the above now, thank you. I just wish this were customizable to work the way I’d like to see it.

I understand all of the above now, thank you. I just wish this were customizable to work the way I’d like to see it.
if there's an option for your channel change Hold function to display Current Channel, it might do what you want. i'm not at the gear and can't remember if that's an option. it's the Display option at the very bottom.

Sorry for the vague note here, but you can decide what shows on your switch. It is customizable. Choose current preset, destination preset, or even a custom label.
I have it set to destination channel. Thats my complaint. It shows the destination channel, then the channel I just came from.

But if you have 4 channels some would like to have the channel read for delay as an example:

1/4 / *8
633 / 649
400 / 800.

If you could name the channels it would be awesome.

if there's an option for your channel change Hold function to display Current Channel, it might do what you want. i'm not at the gear and can't remember if that's an option. it's the Display option at the very bottom.
Found a happy medium. You can select display both channels and it brackets the channel currently in use and changes in real time so you see the bracket move from A to B. it looks like A then bracket B. I can’t write it because it’s hypertext for bold -> This works great for me.

Last edited:
I just loaded up 4.0 and an immediate problem I'm having is that when I load an amp from my library the volume goes to almost inaudible. This happens with every preset I've tried and all amps in my library. It seems like a roughly 20 db drop, I have to turn the amp level up that much to get back to the right level. None of the obvious knobs change visually, everything was fine with the last firmware. Turned off and on a few times just in case. Loading all other library blocks working as normal. I'll be offline for a while, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue?

I just loaded up 4.0 and an immediate problem I'm having is that when I load an amp from my library the volume goes to almost inaudible. This happens with every preset I've tried and all amps in my library. It seems like a roughly 20 db drop, I have to turn the amp level up that much to get back to the right level. None of the obvious knobs change visually, everything was fine with the last firmware. Turned off and on a few times just in case. Loading all other library blocks working as normal. I'll be offline for a while, but I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue?
Did you do the refresh after new firmware?

Found a happy medium. You can select display both channels and it brackets the channel currently in use and changes in real time so you see the bracket move from A to B. it looks like A then bracket B. I can’t write it because it’s hypertext for bold -> This works great for me.
"BOTH CHANNELS" definitely the way to go. CODE view will let you type what it looks like:

Code:
[A] B
A [B]

(Let's stay on topic about things specifically related to this beta and its release notes.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom