FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 1

You did update the Fm9 Edit and refreshed after installing the beta

I did not this update. Crap. Good catch, thank you. I'll reinstall and try again and see what happens. In some of the updates, refresh isn't always necessary. I guess going from a 2 firmware to a 3 beta is a good time to refresh. 🤦‍♂️

You did update the Fm9 Edit and refreshed after installing the beta
Okay, I tried again.

I Installed the 3.00 beta update; then did a refresh and it still had the no amp / amp off issue. Then, I tried a reset amp blocks (manage presets/right click - reset amp blocks) and I have still have this weird no amp, amp off situation.

Any thoughts?

Did you update FM9 Edit, too?
this
IMPORTANT NOTE: Starting with firmware 3.00, FM9-Edit 1.01.00 (or greater) is required to communicate with the FM9. Previous versions of FM9-Edit (versions 1.00.06 or less) are not compatible with firmware 3.00 or greater. FM9-Edit 1.01.00 (or greater) is not compatible with previous firmware versions 1.0 through 2.02.

IF YOU DISCONNECT FROM EDIT ARE THERE ANY ISSUES? OR CAN YOU SEE AMPS ETC AND PLAY ?

Did you update FM9 Edit, too?
No. I misread and it said you need current version, which I falsely assumed I had. My reading and comprehension sucks lately. I'm sorry. I downloaded the the newest FM9-Edit and things seems to be be corrected. I am going to redo everything in the proper order and see what what happens, but I think this was indeed my issue. I shot myself in the foot. Thank you Hapless, Randalljax and everyone. Again, my apologies.

Is there no one else experiencing a pop/clicking noise when connected with SPDIF? I posted about this in the last firmware, but I keep having issues with it. My FM9 is connected to a Scarlett 6i6 through SPDIF in both directions (FM9 SPDIF Out -> Scarlett SPDIF In, Scarlett SPDIF Out -> FM9 SPDIF In). The noise sounds as if the clock is not in sync but it is. Scarlett 6i6 is set as Master @ 48khz sample rate. FM9 Word Clock is set to SPDIF.

This only happens when I boot up my FM9. Any preset has a pop while playing. Its periodic every few seconds. The only way I can get it to stop is to change the Word Clock to Internal and then back to SPDIF. Any help would be appreciated.
Just because I ran into the same issues:
Try to set the Clock Source to S/PDIF. This syncs the FM9 clock with the Scarlett clock, and for me (Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i8) that solved the issue.
Note that this means that you need your FM9 running to get sound, so switch back if necessary.

Just because I ran into the same issues:
Try to set the Clock Source to S/PDIF. This syncs the FM9 clock with the Scarlett clock, and for me (Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i8) that solved the issue.
Note that this means that you need your FM9 running to get sound, so switch back if necessary.

Thanks for posting this. I agree that this is a work around but i don't consider this a solution, personally. I used to do this with my FM3 but part of the reason I got the FM9 is so that I didn't have to do this anymore because of the SPDIF IN.

I think I found a bug. Every preset that I have that contains a pitch block attached to a modifier via my expression pedal is not working properly, it does strange things and it looks even weirder when I open the editor settings. When I delete the source and try to select it again (any type, PEDAL, LFO, CONTROL SWITCH, ETC..) it doesnt load at all. Very strange.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 10.03.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 10.03.30 PM.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 10.08.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 10.08.56 PM.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 31
I think I found a bug. Every preset that I have that contains a pitch block attached to a modifier via my expression pedal is not working properly, it does strange things and it looks even weirder when I open the editor settings. When I delete the source and try to select it again (any type, PEDAL, LFO, CONTROL SWITCH, ETC..) it doesnt load at all. Very strange.
What does it look like from the front panel?

Did you update to the required version of the editor?

FYI, there's a bug on the FM3 at minimum where Patch Modifier settings and Modifier Channels created via previous firmware at minimum are corrupted by FM3 5.03 after saving (even saving unrelated params), perhaps something similar (irregardless of the Editor issues)?

Fractal is aware of this issue on FM3's in any case, and promised a fix in the next firmware rev.

You might check your Modifier and Modifier Channel settings to see if they're correct?

Last edited:
What does it look like from the front panel?

Did you update to the required version of the editor?
To tell you the truth I didn’t checked the front panel, I should’ve done it. Yes, I updated the editor before like I always do.

At the end I went back the latest stable firmware just to realize that every preset I modified on this beta didn’t load at all! (Obviously…). So I had to go back once again to the beta and for some strange reason it seems it’s working properly now. I haven’t checked everything that was buggy yet but I will in a couple of hours. I’ll post my findings…

I haven't updated from 1.0 yet. If this one goes well, this will be the first one I move up to. The feature list add between this one and the 2.0 release will be a very nice addition.

I decided to risk it and updated the day of gig last Thursday. Worked perfectly! Was able to use the new scene ignore function on one per preset override effect in my main preset and it worked like a charm. After a week, iit feels like a pretty solid beta to me, aside from the known issues.

Back
Top Bottom