FM9 Firmware Version 3.00 public beta 1

I'm not sure if this is an FM9-Edit or firmware 3.00b glitch but the Speaker Impedance curve graph in FM9-Edit doesn't refresh after doing a block reset after having had tweaked some of the parameters:

• bring up the Speaker Impedance curves on the tab in FM9-Edit
  • tweak a few settings and observe the curve change appropriately
  • reset the AMP block
  • you'll see the parameter knobs and values snap back to the defaults but the curve graph/graphic doesn't change
  • change to another AMP block channel and then back and the graph is now updated and correct

I just set up a few songs to test the Setlist function. Very easy and intuitive to configure and works great! Thanks so much for this feature!

@Admin M@ One question:

Why limit song names to 10 characters? In my case, I'm using song increment and song decrement to display "Song +1" and "Song -1" on the switch LED display. When editing the setlist in FM9 Edit, I would rather see the full name of the songs rather than using cryptic 10-character names (the examples in the Setlists and Songs Mini Manual show song names longer than 10-characters). For those that want to display a song name on the mini-display, they can simply name their songs with no more than 10-characters when then make the setlist.

Last edited:
Another thing I've noticed is the squeaks when you move your fingers on the wound strings are not exaggerated like they were previously, while still managing to have bright, natural sounding top end....

Is there no one else experiencing a pop/clicking noise when connected with SPDIF? I posted about this in the last firmware, but I keep having issues with it. My FM9 is connected to a Scarlett 6i6 through SPDIF in both directions (FM9 SPDIF Out -> Scarlett SPDIF In, Scarlett SPDIF Out -> FM9 SPDIF In). The noise sounds as if the clock is not in sync but it is. Scarlett 6i6 is set as Master @ 48khz sample rate. FM9 Word Clock is set to SPDIF.

This only happens when I boot up my FM9. Any preset has a pop while playing. Its periodic every few seconds. The only way I can get it to stop is to change the Word Clock to Internal and then back to SPDIF. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• control.png
    control.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 7
  • fm9edit.png
    fm9edit.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 8
I just set up a few songs to test the Setlist function. Very easy and intuitive to configure and works great! Thanks so much for this feature!

@Admin M@ One question:

Why limit song names to 10 characters? In my case, I'm using song increment and song decrement to display "Song +1" and "Song -1" on the switch LED display. When editing the setlist in FM9 Edit, I would rather see the full name of the songs rather than using cryptic 10-character names (the examples in the Setlists and Songs Mini Manual show song names longer than 10-characters). For those that want to display a song name on the mini-display, they can simply name their songs with no more than 10-characters when then make the setlist.
Yes, most of my songs are way more letters and even the ones that are one word songs have to be shortened.

I know there are not a lot of FM9 users out there yet, but this is looking like a pretty stable beta so far. Good job Fractal team! Hmmmmmm…. should I or not? 🤔

@Admin M@ One question:

The amount of space they had available was very limited, so they had to restrict the names. This was discussed in the threads when the Setlist was initially released for the FX3. That the manuals show longer names is probably something that needs to be changed in the manuals rather than the firmware.

Last edited:
I used the Setlist feature today for the first time and it worked great. However . . . . I was adding more songs to the Songs List just now and and I noticed that it was no longer reading the Scene names - even for those already programmed which worked fine earlier. Now it just shows S1, S2, S3 etc., and ALL the previously programmed Songs used the Default Scene of the SAME Preset . . . .

I used the Setlist feature today for the first time and it worked great. However . . . . I was adding more songs to the Songs List just now and and I noticed that it was no longer reading the Scene names - even for those already programmed which worked fine earlier. Now it just shows S1, S2, S3 etc., and ALL the previously programmed Songs used the Default Scene of the SAME Preset . . . .

Hmmmm. So on further experimentation, the problem appeared after creating a new Song with one specific Preset. As soon as this one was selected, all the other Songs were reset to use the same Preset with no named scenes. Rebooting the FM9 cleared it but I could reproduce the problem by selecting that Preset for a new Song. Whatever is going on also interrupted USB communication with FM9 Edit. Outside of the Songs/Setlist setup, that Preset appears to work fine and is around 74% CPU utilization.

The first thing I noticed is there seems to be a bug with the input meter. My one guitar that usually hits the red easily at the default 50% setting barely tickles the red now, and adjusting the A/D input sensitivity setting seems to have less range than it used to. I tried another guitar with passive pickups and had to crank it all the way up to 90% to tickle the red, where it previously did that at 50%.
I'm not tickling the red at all anymore with passive pickups. Somethings changed there I guess.

I'm not tickling the red at all anymore with passive pickups. Somethings changed there I guess.
It’s just the sensitivity of the metering and it’s a bug. It shouldn’t have changed the actual level, though.

“-Analog input meter sensitivity is decreased; https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-3-00-public-beta-1.185298/#post-2286859
The analog input meter peak-detect sensitivity will be restored to operate the same as in previous versions. This problem is only with the visual. All previous analog input adjustment settings still operate as in version 2.02.”

Note sure how I can document this but wanted to report this, in case there is something that I did to create this issue.

After this update, just randomly I would lose all sound output and the only way to restore would be a reboot of the FM9. Also, in FM-Edit, where the amps where shown, it would say none. I am including a pic off where I mean. If I clicked on the amp or amps, it would say off. I checked both my presets and factory presets and they would say off.

I ended up rolling back the firmware last night and now the amps are on and show in the box above in FM-Edit, was you can see in attachment.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what I could have done to cause this?

Just an FYI. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.41.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 9.41.15 AM.png
    28 KB · Views: 15
The amount of space they had available was very limited, so they had to restrict the names. This was discussed in the threads when the Setlist was initially released for the FX3. That the manuals show longer names is probably something that needs to be changed in the manuals rather than the firmware.

Ok, got it. I can make it work. Overall, the setlist feature is pretty cool!

Note sure how I can document this but wanted to report this, in case there is something that I did to create this issue.

After this update, just randomly I would lose all sound output and the only way to restore would be a reboot of the FM9. Also, in FM-Edit, where the amps where shown, it would say none. I am including a pic off where I mean. If I clicked on the amp or amps, it would say off. I checked both my presets and factory presets and they would say off.

I ended up rolling back the firmware last night and now the amps are on and show in the box above in FM-Edit, was you can see in attachment.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what I could have done to cause this?

Just an FYI. Cheers!
You did update the Fm9 Edit and refreshed after installing the beta

Back
Top Bottom