FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had an issue with my FM9 or my Axe-FxIII, my FM3 lights up like Xmas when I have it hooked to USB but I've never had an issue with any of the Legacy products either. I'm not to happy with the current state of firmware with the FM9 but I'm sure things will get better and all will be lined out in time, hopefully sooner than later since I'm gigging again.

That's not necessarily true. If blocks change or are added then the Editor needs to know about the changes and they'll add/change the editing screens for the affected parameters. If the change was something that doesn't impact the editor then there's no reason to update it.

Said differently, newer editors know about older firmware and are happy.
Just to clairify on the correct editor version, I'm one who decided to go back to FW v1 until an official release is made. I tried Beta 2, then noticed a few things (or i'm just having a placebo effect from reading forum posts - lol ) and decided to roll back. I am using the latest editor with v1 firmware. So if I now create and save new patches with this version of the editor will that be an issiue? Should I uninstall and use the old editor until I finally decide to use the latest firmware and editor? I don't fully understand this talk regarding "block changes". It looks like the documentation says to use the old editor, but you post implys I'm good with the new editor?

Has anyone else had a trouble with their Reverbs in 2.01? When I switch to a scene that has the reverb turned on, the reverb behaves as if it's turned off. IOW, you can't hear the reverb.

IDK what their "process" is. Second beta is arguably worse than the first beta. I trust that Fractal is going to do what they think is best for their business. As they should.

When beta/firmware updates introduce lockups, freezes and blasting noise from outputs, I feel that fixing that is more important to users than adding Scene Ignore or another Bassman sim. But that's just me. I hope they will be introducing a comprehensive fix soon. 😁
I am not typically one to install a beta on a new product. I usually wait for the official release. I usually watch these threads to see how the testing is going. I can say that I am really surprised that Fractal has released two updates for the FM9 that had so many big issues when it got to public beta. They thought 2.0 was a very strong release candidate when they released it. I am not sure how they are missing the big issues but it isn't making me feel confident as a customer. I would rather see them take longer to code it and release a more stable beta than to see these types of issues.

I am not typically one to install a beta on a new product. I usually wait for the official release. I usually watch these threads to see how the testing is going. I can say that I am really surprised that Fractal has released two updates for the FM9 that had so many big issues when it got to public beta. They thought 2.0 was a very strong release candidate when they released it. I am not sure how they are missing the big issues but it isn't making me feel confident as a customer. I would rather see them take longer to code it and release a more stable beta than to see these types of issues.
The point in betas is to spot bugs.
Don't install them if you don't want bugs.
Every software on earth has bugs, arguably every life... So a beta is expected to have more...

The point in betas is to spot bugs.
Don't install them if you don't want bugs.
Every software on earth has bugs, arguably every life... So a beta is expected to have more...
I have done enough software development in my career to have more of an understanding of betas than the average person... My point is that by the time you get to a public beta, the big issues that we have seen are usually found and fixed.

This was a pretty massive update - even from 2.0 Beta - so it's not that surprising that a few gremlins have made it past the Beta testers (who most likely caught a LOT more). It is, however, still a Beta release, the point of which is to track down (hopefully) the last of the bugs. Having said that, it's been pretty stable for me with no major issues other than the midi one which I'm sure will be fixed for the next release.

I am not sure I agree with that from the posts I have been reading here. I expect they will get some of the bigger issues resolved soon but I am still surprised they even made it past the beta testers.
I gigged with this beta last week and had no problem at all

Has anyone else had a trouble with their Reverbs in 2.01? When I switch to a scene that has the reverb turned on, the reverb behaves as if it's turned off. IOW, you can't hear the reverb.
My reverbs and delays weren't working but I think it's because of an expression pedal bug. Revert back to fw1.0.0 and it works as expected.

I think the issue here is that it had been a REALLY long time on 2.00 beta and people were getting antsy. Several people here on the forum wanted an update as a sign of progress and at least a few asked for another beta if that was all that we could get. The team at FAS obliged and gave us 2.01 beta. Like all beta firmware versions, it is a use at your own risk kind of deal.

What is surprising is that they haven't pulled 2.01 after the stability issues were reported. I have seen Cliff do that numerous times with unstable Axe-FX III beta firmware versions.

M@ said that a new version is underway that will address the know issues of 2.01 beta. Hopefully that will be coming out closer Axe-FX III soon rather than FM3/FM9 soon.

This was a pretty massive update - even from 2.0 Beta - so it's not that surprising that a few gremlins have made it past the Beta testers (who most likely caught a LOT more). It is, however, still a Beta release, the point of which is to track down (hopefully) the last of the bugs. Having said that, it's been pretty stable for me with no major issues other than the midi one which I'm sure will be fixed for the next release.
The only real issue with 2.01b for me is switches plugged into the pedal jacks are not being treated as switches internally, despite setting the config to 'switch'....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom