FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit 79% with a pitch, 2 drives, 1 delay, plex + reverb and 1 amp+cab. It'd be nice to get it around 60%.
Drives can be CPU hogs, depending on the model.

Are you stacking them? If not, consider just using multiple channels.

How many IRs are you using? What quality? Is the Preamp enabled and what quality?

The Amp, Reverb and Delay are all on dedicated cores so essentially "free" to use.

Edit:

Can you use another Reverb to handle what the Plex Delay is doing?

I hit 79% with a pitch, 2 drives, 1 delay, plex + reverb and 1 amp+cab. It'd be nice to get it around 60%.

Something isn't right. I'm not getting close to 79 percent with that.

Edit: And I'm right about at 59% with that. Plex Reverb had me at 63ish.

If you want to share your patch I would load it up and see what I get

Attachments

• FM9Edit2.png
    FM9Edit2.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Forgot to mention the second output, which I took out and saw it drop a few %. Not comfortable posting the actual preset, so ill answer some questions for the curious here : 2 IR's (normal), plate reverb (normal), drives are being stacked, preamp is enabled. Drive 1 only uses channel A, drive 2 uses all 4 channels. Delay block is also using 4 channels. It's not that big of a deal for me since its basically a kitchen sink preset, but again it is high CPU.

Oh and i should have clarified, I'm not on the beta. V1.0

Attachments

• ohno.png
    ohno.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 15
Forgot to mention the second output, which I took out and saw it drop a few %. Not comfortable posting the actual preset, so ill answer some questions for the curious here : 2 IR's (normal), plate reverb (normal), drives are being stacked, preamp is enabled. Drive 1 only uses channel A, drive 2 uses all 4 channels. Delay block is also using 4 channels. It's not that big of a deal for me since its basically a kitchen sink preset, but again it is high CPU.

Oh and i should have clarified, I'm not on the beta. V1.0
Strange. I just copied all of this and have 70% You can also bump the reverb up to Ultra High quality with no added CPU hit.

Which Pitch and Plex engines are you running? I’m currently using dual chromatic (POG) and Plex Verb.

Changing Plex to Shimmer adds 15%!! Holy crap.

Deleting all those extra shunts knocked it down to 64%

What’s Output 2 doing, out of curiosity?

@dicXjonesify quad detune & plex shift. I like having multiple outputs for various reasons but generally out 1 is for FOH/headphones, out 2 is to a FRFR, and sometimes out3 is for amps.
I am also sitting at 70% with those settings. I was sitting around 64 but the quad detune and plex shift channels take a bit more juice vs virtual capo and plex reverb which I typically use/

I suspect V2 beta has some performance improvements vs V1. Also now more pumped about the official V2 as Matt has stated they are working on even more performance improvements!

I am also sitting at 70% with those settings. I was sitting around 64 but the quad detune and plex shift channels take a bit more juice vs virtual capo and plex reverb which I typically use/

I suspect V2 beta has some performance improvements vs V1. Also now more pumped about the official V2 as Matt has stated they are working on even more performance improvements!
I’m still on V1.0 with these results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom