FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we’ve got a gig on the beach right after practice…..which should be interesting. We’ll at least be on a cement picnic area, but I’m a bit nervous about how beach sand making it’s way on my pedalboard. We shall see!

I would be too, especially with wind. Can you build a shield to go around it?... a shield like how kids used to stand folders on their desk to keep others from copying off of their test, lol.

I don't know how to describe it exactly. not tracking smooth and hesitates.
It’s slow and looks like the frame rate is really low. It’s only an issue with the full page tuner, not the one that appears at the top of the home screen.

I'm also finding this with the tuner; I didn't catch that the smaller one (not full page) doesn't exhibit the choppiness...cool, thanks for that.

Sound quality wise the only thing that really jumps out is the responsiveness of the virtual capo. I have to use it for one of the songs we plan and it is a pretty big difference between V1 and V2 Beta.

I checked out the virtual capo when I reinstalled the v2 beta and was quite impressed by how well it worked. I'm guessing your experience with that algorithm was far better with the v2 beta?

I don't know how to describe it exactly. not tracking smooth and hesitates.
REDD,
Have you tried Cooper Carter's edited tunings? Check CC's video about it. Slight cents adjustments within the FM9-Edit tuning window. Use your ears to adjust one or 2 strings. I use a PRS McCarty and discovered your tuning settings may differ with various model guitars. E6 is the low E.

jGkvM8N.png

Last edited:
REDD,
Have you tried Cooper Carter's edited tunings? Check CC's video about it. Slight cents adjustments within the FM9-Edit tuning window. Use your ears to adjust one or 2 strings. I use a PRS McCarty and discovered your tuning settings may differ with various model guitars. E6 is the low E.

jGkvM8N.png
Can you link the video for this? I couldn’t find it

The FM9 is too expensive a piece of gear to be just ignored like this.

I don't think they are ignoring the FM9. At this point (3 months since the Beta was released) I think it's a good guess that they ran into some unexpected problems in the firmware that required significant enhancements/modifications.

It's certainly been a long wait, but I'd rather see them get it right than put out something half-baked.

As an owner of both the III and FM9, I'm torn between being delighted with the constant III updates and getting very disappointed with the lack of updates for the 9.

I am in the same boat, not sure I would say I’m very disappointed quite yet but getting there. For the work I do I really need both units to be as close as possible in firmware functionality. I am sitting on FM9 v1 and haven’t updated the AX3 in order to be somewhat close. I know Fractal team is working hard and will get it all aligned, just wish the firmware release timing was much closer so those that have multiple units can stay close to synced.

REDD,

jGkvM8N.png
How would this address the issue with the tuner that he is reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom