FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one is better than FW 1.0 but I don't think there's a defined list... There is no Bugs section for FM9 yet. :(
Hopefully, FAS R&D will be sending their report once it's completed, then, they'll shut down for regularly scheduled maintenance.

Many thanks to those who contribute to this, either in anonymity or actively.

It would be great to get one of the final betas in the meantime so my FM9 might be less sluggish when changing scenes…but alas this is not the flagship.

It would be great to get one of the final betas in the meantime so my FM9 might be less sluggish when changing scenes…but alas this is not the flagship.
I've literally been holding off trying 2.0 as I keep thinking the final will be released any time now or atleast an updated beta so I can try the new stuff on it.

I'm holding out on installing the beta -- I can't wait for the official stable release. That FM9 firmware changelog is glorious.

Hopefully, FAS R&D will be sending their report once it's completed, then, they'll shut down for regularly scheduled maintenance.

Many thanks to those who contribute to this, either in anonymity or actively.
The firmware updates are unrelated to the forum website maintenance... ;)

So, FAS R&D doesn't get to take a day off once they send their report?

Wouldn't regularly scheduled maintenance prevent stuff from breaking down?
I really don't understand what you are trying to say here...

The folks working on firmware aren't "R&D" - I'm pretty sure that's mostly Cliff's department. They're not working on supporting the forum.

What "report" are you talking about?

What do any of these have to do with the forum server?

The folks working on firmware aren't "R&D" - I'm pretty sure that's mostly Cliff's department. They're not working on supporting the forum.

Grease the threads=less wear and tear!

That would have been my point yesterday, but now my current mindset involves keeping the home fires burning, and safe from harm.

Anyway, my personal thought was not lengthy. The folks who work on firmware are software developers, if I'm not mistaken.

Someone else had commented that the recent update might include some additional amp models, but my requests aren't that lofty. Simple bugs fixes related to maintenance and cleaning up, much the same when you perform general maintenance and cleaning with your household, car or computer.

I realize all this is very detailed, and perhaps seems very simple to most people. The confusion that exists is regards my mentioning "a report." Well, your computer provides a systems report once it verifies new firmware and completes installation.

A group supervisor had asked me to "send him my report" yesterday but somehow my text had gone missing. Choosing to not argue with him, the text was re-sent and the illustration made that much like when airplanes try to land during inclement weather, they're sometimes redirected to adjacent airfields that can accept incoming flights. It may have been that either his or my service provider might have been down for scheduled maintenance and thus the text didn't arrive when I said it did.

TBH, I try to work each day, and really don't have a quitting time until my computer is shut down at the end of the day. I'm sure that FAS software developers as well as Cliff work long hours, but really don't have time for fun and games. It is part of the responsibility each one of us has, but many aren't as organized or focused as some of us.

That may be the problem, but this evening it's avoiding the needless problems associated with hoping that FAS doesn't let the cat out of the bag too soon.

It's been a tough couple past days. Trying to straighten out my mindset; sorry if your view does not match mine. Avoiding watching TV this evening, because that's a big part of the problem. When I feel more comfortable about not being catfished too much, perhaps I'll try offering some more constructive thoughts. Take care of yourselves for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom