FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think they were overpriced 'blues lawyer' guitars and not a whole lot different from Gibsons until I tried one of their Indonesian SE 24 Standards. Crazy good, and got me to try the US ones, on the idea that if the imports were this good, the US ones must be amazing....
I thought they were overpriced at first, then played through a S2 Santana model and was very impressed, then bought my DGT. Yeah, they can be chockfull of eye-candy, but they sure play well.

I had two of mine out last night. A friend is thinking about buying a PRS Studio, so he borrowed mine for a set, and I had my 509 with me going through my Tone King Imperial's lead channel, and had a blast, even though I totally lost my key during one solo and had to wave it off. Once I recovered I started poking at him with little lines during his lead and we ended up trading back and forth for several choruses. Such fun noisy therapy! :)

I have a nice 2004 PRS Custom 24 which has always been my fallback guitar. I did own a Mayer Silver Sky but couldn't justify the money I paid for it after trying to like it. Not my cup of tea, the neck, the sound, not for me. Luckily I got what I paid for it.

Last edited:
Ha! I'm so old I see PRS as a rebel upstart for younguns.
Funny, the younguns' are no where near as rebellious as we were growing up. We didn't trust older people, the tv and certainly not the government. Today they all do as they're told, for the most part. Whatever happened to "stick it to the man"? I digress....

I traded one of my PRS', it was an S2 Starla with bigsby and the Am Dlx tele (in the avatar) for my first Gretsch. Koa Penguin. Another OG guitar I am guessing. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another PRS. I saw a video on how they treat & check the SE imports and it was very impressive!

I had a PRS wayyy back in the 90's just as they were becoming all the rage before the online hate began. Actually, it was kind of before "online" began for most of us. Great guitar, but silly expensive. I'd got it on a bargain used deal and was super proud of it at the time, but I didn't bond with it. It was red, birds, 10-top. Pretty and very well made, but somehow just didn't do it for me so I sold it. Funny, that kind of polluted my view of PRS ever since, I've bought, kept and sold an arsenal of guitars since then but none were PRS.

I had a PRS wayyy back in the 90's just as they were becoming all the rage before the online hate began. Actually, it was kind of before "online" began for most of us. Great guitar, but silly expensive. I'd got it on a bargain used deal and was super proud of it at the time, but I didn't bond with it. It was red, birds, 10-top. Pretty and very well made, but somehow just didn't do it for me so I sold it. Funny, that kind of polluted my view of PRS ever since, I've bought, kept and sold an arsenal of guitars since then but none were PRS.
Same. I had a gold/blond 10 top from '94. Kept it until around 2010 and then got more than I paid for it on a trade for a Les Paul.

dont mean to futher derail this thread but...C'mon PRS has been around since the mid 80s ...thats almost 40 years! Wonderful guitars, both the US and the SE models. When I got one I thought - I'm finally home! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom