FM9 Firmware Version 2.0 public beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to the other comments... the editor is laggy, but no hiccups or issues other than that. The hardware performs great and not a single issue or problem.
I also agree that higher CPU presets appear to cause or contribute to the editor lag.
I'm on a 2019 27" iMac OS Big Sur.
Concur. Higher CPU levels does produce editor lag. Remedy was paring down preset block configs into separate presets for better distribution of CPU.

Finally got a chance to load this up... My plan was to keep the older FM9-Edit due to the many reports of slowness.

Firing it up after the firmware and spent a looong time trying to read block definitions.

I gave up and tried the latest version.

Started it on a blank preset and it was done reading everything pretty fast (should have tried that with the older version).

Changed to my main preset which hovers just about 90%. The editor grid remained blank for minutes. Once it did load, the blocks didn't show any parameter values.

I played around with factory presets and those that were 60-ish percent or less seemed ok. Others were sluggish.

Not reporting anything I don't think others have already reported...

The unit itself seems to respond fine even say 80% and sounds better than ever!

Finally got a chance to load this up... My plan was to keep the older FM9-Edit due to the many reports of slowness.

Firing it up after the firmware and spent a looong time trying to read block definitions.

I gave up and tried the latest version.

Started it on a blank preset and it was done reading everything pretty fast (should have tried that with the older version).

Changed to my main preset which hovers just about 90%. The editor grid remained blank for minutes. Once it did load, the blocks didn't show any parameter values.

I played around with factory presets and those that were 60-ish percent or less seemed ok. Others were sluggish.

Not reporting anything I don't think others have already reported...

The unit itself seems to respond fine even say 80% and sounds better than ever!

I ended up rolling back on the editor. The firmware sounds great, and the new impedance curves are a nice treat. Can't wait to try out the Bandmaster 2x12 SRO curve on some of my SRO presets....

Couple issues I ran into last night, the first since I initially installed it-

Powering the unit on I had no output again, I turned it on/off two more times and still had no output. At this point I decided to roll back the firmware, opened Fractalbot, it said Connected to FM9 Beta 2.0 at the top, but after loading the backup I got a message saying it received no response from the unit and I had to check to make sure it was powered on. It was. I tried loading it a couple more times and the same thing happened. At that point I disconnected the USB and turned the unit on, I had output again but this time the FM9 itself was running quite sluggishly (still unplugged from my Macbook) hitting a footswitch would take about 4-5 seconds before it actually switched presets (visually and audibly).

Then I noticed all my layout links were gone. The layout links were definitely in the backup I saved and they were still present after I updated, so I’m not sure what happened along the way, I’m assuming something with the rollback not working properly. Thankfully I only had 2 programmed. Unit seemed to speed up after a few minutes but once I plugged the USB in it was moving so slow it was taking up to a minute for any changes to take place in the editor. The inability to roll back to a previous backup is a bit concerning, but as long as I have sound coming out of it, I’m good to go until the FW is sorted out.

What about doing a reset from the utility menu option and then load in your old backup? Sounds like the OS is definitely hosed and could benefit from being completely reloaded followed by your previous version backup after the reset.

Last edited:
Seems to be mostly working fine for me; thanks guys. Haven't had a chance to play with the new features yet, though.

But I will say that recalling a preset from the preset select layout seems suuuper slow compared to 1.0. Not a show stopper by any means, though.

For those also experiencing the slow tuner, do you notice the tuner performance improves if you're on a blank preset? I'm seeing that behavior.

For those also experiencing the slow tuner, do you notice the tuner performance improves if you're on a blank preset? I'm seeing that behavior.
Yes. There is some "fog" (read: performance lag) present when you perform a backup or download on anything other than a blank preset. I've not experienced any issues with the tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom