FM9 FAQ

Does it do global blocks like the 3?
That was the one I don't think I've seen covered so far in the various threads or the comparisons.

I just checked the FM9 manual and there is no mention of Global Blocks (as reference, they are listed under Additional Topics in the Axe Fx III manual).

@hippietim Brilliant!! So helpful.

Here's a question. Today, I use input 1, 2, and 3 (electric, piezo, synth) and the respective outputs for each signal. I also use output 4 to combine the signals for one output. If I import the preset, will it just drop the output 4 and still create a usable import (assuming block and CPU usage is OK?)

Aaaaaahhhhhh...Global Blocks is the only thing missing from the FM3...BUT if the FM9 will have that and FM3 will not have 'ever' , I might switcht...:)

@hippietim Brilliant!! So helpful.

Here's a question. Today, I use input 1, 2, and 3 (electric, piezo, synth) and the respective outputs for each signal. I also use output 4 to combine the signals for one output. If I import the preset, will it just drop the output 4 and still create a usable import (assuming block and CPU usage is OK?)
Depends what “usable” means. It will not have blocks that aren’t on the FM9 so you may have to rearrange some things due to missing blocks.

Depends what “usable” means. It will not have blocks that aren’t on the FM9 so you may have to rearrange some things due to missing blocks.
Thanks @chris . If the only block not on the FM9 was OUT4, I'm hoping I could just import the preset, save it and go.

Thanks @chris . If the only block not on the FM9 was OUT4, I'm hoping I could just import the preset, save it and go.
It's not... And not all blocks have the exact capabilities or same number of blocks.

For example, also no RTA block and the Cab block has 2 IR slots per channel.

Check the comparison link.

That was the one I don't think I've seen covered so far in the various threads or the comparisons.

I just checked the FM9 manual and there is no mention of Global Blocks (as reference, they are listed under Additional Topics in the Axe Fx III manual).
It got added to the FAQ recently. See my response to cbzender above. (I personally don't find I use global blocks that much since I don't use them in any way that is not equivalent to the existing feature of being able to batch copy...

Back
Top Bottom