FM9-Edit 1.02.03

My FM9T arrived today. I checked I have FM 5.01 on it.
I am running FM9Edit 1.03.05 on it.

Note the clean display of preset name and scene.

View attachment 129298

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice when I click 10 the preset name is faded out. Is this intentional or a bug?

View attachment 129299
The "10" button/tab is showing the 10 characters that will be displayed on the FM9 above the foot switch not the main large display.

I'm pretty sure the faster backup time is not with WIndows but the faster CPU and more powerful CPU built into the FM9T compared to the AX8.
It’s probably because the FM9 and FX3 have dedicated USB controllers.

Axe-Fx III and FM9 have a separate USB microcontroller that handles USB, among other tasks.

FM3 USB is built into the SoC.

Older units did it in the CPU, so high CPU load could affect USB and high USB load could affect the CPU…

USB connections do not increase CPU usage on the Axe-Fx III, FM9 and FM3, because USB traffic is handled by a dedicated USB processor.

With older devices, USB does increase CPU usage. [15]

“The Axe-Fx III USB audio does not add CPU usage. It's handled by a separate processor.” [16]
(FM9) "USB is handled by a separate microcontroller (the same micro that the Axe-Fx III uses)." [17]

High CPU load can still affect the current generation, which is why we switch to an empty or low CPU-use preset when backing up and restoring. Doing so also seems to help when importing/moving a lot of presets through the Preset Manager.

"As you exceed 85-90% resources start to become critical. That 10-15% has to get divided up among all the lower priority threads: USB, display, controllers, foot controller(s), LED, etc., etc. as well as pitch detection. Pitch detection is a higher priority thread but you can't get blood from a stone." [10]

If you have ever pushed the modeler’s CPU really hard and tried to use Edit and it was very slow to respond then that’s why. The USB thread is being starved, along with everything else including the front panel. That’s why we keep the CPU at <80%, to avoid the havoc and frustration as the unit tries to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom