FM9 Case?

Slight change of plans. I found out I might have another private show that requires a short flight on a small plane. So I put the FM9 in my hard case that I use when I have to check my FM3. It just fits with some space underneath for my expression pedal and some Canles. But I had to check it. I have apple Airtags in the cases just Incase they go on a journey with out me. But this also means that I had to carry a full back up. (My FM 3). Carryon. With my guitar. More stuff to carry. but worth it. :0) this case was $80 a few years ago.
I’m still really looking forward to my Wolfmeister case. It will match my guitar case too

Attachments

• 25D3B000-7A59-48DC-8BD4-E8AF4D6B961C.jpeg
    25D3B000-7A59-48DC-8BD4-E8AF4D6B961C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 390
  • 1E922FC2-F703-4210-B3CB-66AE60276510.jpeg
    1E922FC2-F703-4210-B3CB-66AE60276510.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 394
  • 43CEEB27-5BB5-49F6-9AA8-84291916774B.jpeg
    43CEEB27-5BB5-49F6-9AA8-84291916774B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 374
  • 2F1C2F8F-42D8-4A10-9EC8-8389027C4A1E.jpeg
    2F1C2F8F-42D8-4A10-9EC8-8389027C4A1E.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 339
I have a Novation 25 backpack that fits my Helix LT perfectly. The FM9 is a bit smaller so it'll fit no problem. It's popular in the Helix community for people that find the Helix backpack overpriced.
Novation 25 Backpack-Style Soft Carry Case for 25-Key MIDI Controller Keyboards, Black Amazon product ASIN B006KEILD8
That looks like a very functional solution. Thanks for the info.

Hey y'all - for those who have yet to see, we have just finished the prototype for the FM-9 and are really pleased with the design. Check out the video here - FAS FM-9 Studio Slips Gig Bag Walkthroughand and below are some photos.

It has the double padding (5/8" thick all around), duffle style wrap around handles, a large padded front pocket (8.5" x 16" x 3") big enough for the EV-1 or a couple EV-2's and cables, a full leather bottom and 4 strategically placed forged metal D-Rings in order to accommodate removable/adjustable backpack straps or used as a shoulder strap. These are retailing for $190 on our inventory/accessories catalog and just like everything we sell, they're handmade in the USA and come with a 5 year warranty. Hit us up for questions!

Fractal Audio FM9 13714 Gig Bag (2).jpgFractal Audio FM9 13714 Gig Bag (6).jpgFractal Audio FM9 13714 Gig Bag (3).jpgFractal Audio FM9 13714 Gig Bag (5).jpgFractal Audio FM9 13714 Gig Bag (4).jpg

Hey y'all - for those who have yet to see, we have just finished the prototype for the FM-9 and are really pleased with the design. Check out the video here - FAS FM-9 Studio Slips Gig Bag Walkthroughand and below are some photos.

It has the double padding (5/8" thick all around), duffle style wrap around handles, a large padded front pocket (8.5" x 16" x 3") big enough for the EV-1 or a couple EV-2's and cables, a full leather bottom and 4 strategically placed forged metal D-Rings in order to accommodate removable/adjustable backpack straps or used as a shoulder strap. These are retailing for $190 on our inventory/accessories catalog and just like everything we sell, they're handmade in the USA and come with a 5 year warranty. Hit us up for questions!
They look great - I have already ordered one!

View attachment 88551View attachment 88552View attachment 88553View attachment 88554View attachment 88555
Wow nice work @studioslips ! This option looks great, can work as a hand held bag or convert to a backpack… and has room for pedals, perfect!

View attachment 88551View attachment 88552View attachment 88553View attachment 88554View attachment 88555

Thrilled to post that I just received the early production run of this case from @studioslips and I can only say WOW. So well conceived, so well executed.
I'll be doing a video this week, but until then---can confirm: this is the case you need for the FM9.
It fits two EV-1s and cables in the front and it's built like a (very soft and comfy) tank!

(They've also sent out a beautiful FM3/FC6 case, which I can also highly recommend.)

Hey folks, any idea of a floor board/rack that would fit an FM8 and a matrix 1U? This would be a dream rig for me. Thanks!

Thrilled to post that I just received the early production run of this case from @studioslips and I can only say WOW. So well conceived, so well executed.
I'll be doing a video this week, but until then---can confirm: this is the case you need for the FM9.
It fits two EV-1s and cables in the front and it's built like a (very soft and comfy) tank!

(They've also sent out a beautiful FM3/FC6 case, which I can also highly recommend.)
Awesome, so glad to hear it Cooper! Looking forward to the video!

I’m on the waitlist, but I don’t think it’s too soon to start looking for a solution, is it? Has anyone seen or have something that is going to work?

For a value offering as well, I ordered the same case I use for my FM3 + FC6 setup from Newark supplies:

Duratool 22-24155 Equipment Case, Weatherproof, Polymer, Black, Foam Insert, 28" x 16.5" x 7"

5361651.jpg3.png2.png

~$65 including tax + shipping (for me). I bought the weatherproof yellow one for $5 more just to differentiate which rig I am grabbing.

Just watched the @studioslips video though and that looks promising for a more convenient all-in-one solution. That way I do not need a gator gig bag for my pedals/cables/wireless rig in addition to the above case. Might be an investment for myself in the future ;)

I use a SKB 2111 case. Really sturdy but I didn’t want it moving around so I used the top foam since it was pressing more then I’d like it too on the top switches and used it to fill in the gaps on fm9. Ac adapter, ev2 and cables in top pocket 3455C267-CDC0-468D-BC5A-963FED5D1F6B.jpeg That studio slips is totally tempting lol.

Attachments

• 113BAB30-6139-424B-99C3-F56A944B54EB.jpeg
    113BAB30-6139-424B-99C3-F56A944B54EB.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I think it's a great bag. It's just big enough for the units, and two EV-2 and assorted cords to tie them all together and I don't worry that the units will be damaged during normal abuse.

I just ordered one, thanks.

I use a gator dual case currently for my FC-12 and EV pedals, cables, etc... One side fits my electric, the other side, the FC-12... and two EV-1 pedals. It has back pack straps so I wear it that way and can then have hands free to carry my Axe-Fx III. With the FM-9 though, I will put the FM-9 and EV pedals in one side, and guitar in other. And that will be the full rig all in one case.

https://www.gatorcases.com/products...ar/dual-electric-guitar-gig-bag-g-pg-elec-2x/

Very disappointed in the Studio Slips bag! The photos posted above give a very different impression of the product than having it in hand! I expected that the double padding would be on par with the solid quarter inch or so of padding on my Mono bag. Instead, the "double" padding amounts what feels like a sixteenth at most. I expected better for the money. At this point, I'm not even sure I'm going to use it.

Edit: Studio Slips acknowledged that the bags I received were manufactured incorrectly, and they remade them with the correct amount of padding. Their customer service is outstanding.

Although I would still consider the bag to be "light duty", it was a significant improvement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom