FM9 Case?

Studio Slips already have a bag designed for the FC-12 which is supposed to be the same size as the FM-9. They're easily customizable and an over the shoulder strap can be added, or backpack-style straps could be added. I haven't talked to them about the later but I'm sure they'd come up with a good way of doing them if requested, possibly using dual shoulder straps with extra padding and with D-rings to clip them to.

I'd use a single handle and an over the shoulder strap, rather than backpack style straps, because I use single or dual guitar gig bags on my back. As a an example, here's what I'd order:
1630359651505.png
Thank you Greg! Our number one supporter on the FAS Forum!

Ha! I don't know about that, I just try to make sure people know about good products. It's the same thing I do when talking to people about the Fractal units, the guitars I like, etc.

Just added the FM-9 as well. You guys are quick! Sorry about the delay! Clamshell Gig Bag with duffle style handles is the way to go. Double padding is never a bad idea.
Thanks for all of your great work!

I have the Studio Slips with double padding for my CLRs and they're wonderful.

Really hoping SKB releases a custom fit case for the FM9. The one I have for my Kemper stage is perfect. I have a number of cables below where the device sits and then there’s a front compartment for my expression pedal and Powerstage 170.

Do you have the ability to make a backpack style version of this case for the FM9? It’s really handy to have your hands freed up for carrying other gear.
Yeah, backpack style is ideal for me. It lets me put my heaviest gear on my shoulders, and frees up my hands for carrying a guitar or opening a door.

For a few years, I was spoiled by my Mono 365 backpack as a carrier for my AX8 (or FM3 or FC-6) plus everything-else-but-the-guitar. But my FM9 doesn’t come close to fitting. If love to find that level of ruggedness, versatility and capacity in a backpack that fits the FM9.

Do you have the ability to make a backpack style version of this case for the FM9? It’s really handy to have your hands freed up for carrying other gear.
We are looking into it. It's possible that we can do it with 2 shoulder straps and 2 or 4 D-Rings like this

Attachments

• Backpack straps with shoulder strap d-rings (2).jpeg
    Backpack straps with shoulder strap d-rings (2).jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 170
  • Backpack straps with shoulder strap d-rings.jpeg
    Backpack straps with shoulder strap d-rings.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
Yeah, backpack style is ideal for me. It lets me put my heaviest gear on my shoulders, and frees up my hands for carrying a guitar or opening a door.

For a few years, I was spoiled by my Mono 365 backpack as a carrier for my AX8 (or FM3 or FC-6) plus everything-else-but-the-guitar. But my FM9 doesn’t come close to fitting. If love to find that level of ruggedness, versatility and capacity in a backpack that fits the FM9.
Ya I know a lot of guys who carry their guitars in soft shell backpack cases so carrying their pedal boards in a duffle style hand bag is fine for them. I just don’t trust my $3,000+ guitar in a soft shell case so gotta carry my hard shell guitar case in one hand and need the other hand free for carrying other gear or my 3 year old daughter who accompanies me to rehearsal and Sunday morning worship services (she’s “too tired to walk” that early in the am 😂). It’s really a necessity at this point to have my pedal board in a backpack.

I think that might work better if you had an extra set of rings to clip to on the bottom sides of the bag as well.
View attachment 87922
Agreed, that's what I was going to say also. Put a set at the top and the bottom and the entire bag will ride higher and sit more firmly against our back.

I'm not sure whether the bottom pair should have the ring facing up, or down. Down would help pull the bag more closely to our back and would allow the D-rings to double for briefcase-like over-the-shoulder attachments or as messenger-type bags slanting across the back.

I just don’t trust my $3,000+ guitar in a soft shell case
There's a wide variety of soft and gig bags out there. Though I have hardshell cases for all my guitars, I carry my un-cheap PRS guitars in Gator Cases Pro-Go gig bags, either the electric or the dual-electric bags. They're not lightweight materials or light to carry but they've stood up well for years and can definitely stand up to being (gently) tossed into the car or having amps bumping against them. We seldom have need to protect against rain here, more likely dust storms, but they come with full rain covers which I've used during the occasional monsoon.

I respect my guitars but am aware that door jambs and car doors exist, so something that'd protect the guitar against unintentional bangs and the unexpected drop from a foot above the ground was my goal. My hardshell cases would do that too but they're unwieldy in comparison and get torn up where the bag shrugs it off.

One had a seam release years ago because it was sewn too close to the edge, and they replaced the entire bag without a question, which surprised me.

There's a wide variety of soft and gig bags out there. Though I have hardshell cases for all my guitars, I carry my un-cheap PRS guitars in Gator Cases Pro-Go gig bags, either the electric or the dual-electric bags. They're not lightweight materials or light to carry but they've stood up well for years and can definitely stand up to being (gently) tossed into the car or having amps bumping against them. We seldom have need to protect against rain here, more likely dust storms, but they come with full rain covers which I've used during the occasional monsoon.

I respect my guitars but am aware that door jambs and car doors exist, so something that'd protect the guitar against unintentional bangs and the unexpected drop from a foot above the ground was my goal. My hardshell cases would do that too but they're unwieldy in comparison and get torn up where the bag shrugs it off.

One had a seam release years ago because it was sewn too close to the edge, and they replaced the entire bag without a question, which surprised me.
This. In some ways, a well-made gig bag protects better than a hard case. You can casually toss a good soft bag into the trunk, or accidentally drop it to the floor. The good ones give bouncy protection from such things in a way that a hard case cannot.

This is what i have been using for my Axe8..holds two Ev-2 and all my cables...been using this for years...gonna try and find somehting like this for the FM9.

That’s awesome let me know what you find. Something on wheels would be great.
Ya man it is...i roll into the gig with guitar on my back and everything i need in that Targus laptop bag. A backpack style would work too for the FM9, but i have my guitar on my back..so pulling it behind me is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom