FM9 and FC-6 Layout

Hey everyone,

I've got a custom version of the OMG9 that I created for my FM9, but I wanted to add an FC-6 to the mix as a sort of remote control when I'm at home and physically away from the FM9. I'm looking for a way to be able to jump layouts, access scene's etc from the FC-6 AND keep the FM9 layout as it is.

I've been playing around with views, but not getting anywhere. Any help (or sample layouts) for this combo would be most appreciated!

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I've got a custom version of the OMG9 that I created for my FM9, but I wanted to add an FC-6 to the mix as a sort of remote control when I'm at home and physically away from the FM9. I'm looking for a way to be able to jump layouts, access scene's etc from the FC-6 AND keep the FM9 layout as it is.

I've been playing around with views, but not getting anywhere. Any help (or sample layouts) for this combo would be most appreciated!

Thanks
You can separately assign the startup layout on each device. The setting is in the globals somewhere. Sounds like you may need a single layout for the FM9 and a few for the FC6, which is the exact opposite of what I have going on with mine....
20230815_210943.jpg

there are 9 layouts for BOTH units. so you have to just use a different layout for each. so like Layout 1 for FM9 and Layout 2 for FC6. customize them as needed.
Thanks for the clue!...I had thought that there were two sets of layouts available through Views. After a little digging through the manuals, I've got a setup that works.

A View is a subset of a Layout...
It makes sense once you wrap your head around it. Also I found the "enable FC-12 mode" fixed the issues I had with my navigation (Scenes - Effects and Presets) that are on 7,8 and 9 being messed up when displayed on my remote FC-6.

Problem solved

Back
Top Bottom