FM3 VS Quad Cortex

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're saying you were maxing out with 4 blocks?
I just checked; if you do an 8 tap Plex delay and have reverb on Ultra you get to 80%, but that is a bit redundant. He was probably in the mode of testing limits. I remember doing the same thing when I first got my FM3. It's so awesome you wanna turn everything to 10 and Ultra :)
Untitled.jpeg

Last edited:
I just checked; if you do an 8 tap Plex delay and have reverb on Ultra you get to 80%, but that is a bit redundant. He was probably in the mode of testing limits. I remember doing the same thing when I first got my FM3. It's so awesome you wanna turn everything to 10 and Ultra :)
View attachment 78330

Reverb quality is the biggest cpu hog. If you need to use it at tha max quality and plan to use other fx then you should go for the III.

On economy/normal quality (and not pairing it with plex verb) you can fit a rig that would cover 98%*** guitar player needs

***totally invented number. Not based on any statistical info

The reverb should be renamed to something over than Economy. Its misleading. It's still very high quality. I cant even hear the difference between them.
At 100% mix (just reverb effect) I can hear a difference, but at the usual 10-15% setting I use with Axe3, I can't tell the difference so I always use economy. Similarly with cabs - I like the 512 resolution and can't hear a difference from higher settings. These 2 things save tons of cpu. Timnitus comes in handy sometimes!

The reverb should be renamed to something over than Economy. Its misleading. It's still very high quality. I cant even hear the difference between them.
Agreed. The Economy reverbs really are high quality. I take Economy to be a statement about DSP resources - truth in advertising. It’s sort of like buying guitars. A base model gets you 95% of the way there. After that it’s major increases in price for relatively minor increases in refinement, branding aside. But for some, maybe most of us, those refinements are worth the extra cost. But as far as FM3 reverbs are concerned I’m more than happy to travel Economy.

Last edited:
View attachment 78330
I’ll say it for a 3rd time, I had a very early version. And I think I’ve learned what I was hoping, that it’s been worked out long ago. Thanks.

I havent tried to hear the difference with headphones, but out of speakers or cabinet....I can't notice
I havent tried to hear the difference with headphones, but out of speakers or cabinet....I can't notice
That could be the difference. I only play through headphones being I'm surrounded by neighbors. Plus I mostly use just reverb and delay, mostly. If I could play through speakers nice and loud, like I would love to do, and added other effects I probably would agree with you.

I think when fractal will add to the fm3 the touchscreen in order to be able to create patches as simply as the editor will be no match for the others

I have a QC on order - the FM3 is great but I have to work around the CPU limits. Half the joy of a modeler involves routing possibilities that I couldn't do in the real world.

Don't really want to spring for a III because of cost with a FM6/12 and I don't have any other rack gear so I'd have to arrange things just to accommodate one piece of gear. Might cancel the QC and do that in the end, though - the QC's marketing is really focusing on captures over modeling, I hated auditioning captures instead of just twisting some (virtual) knobs when I tried a Kemper.

Just curious, why did my post saying Ola's vid was up get removed?

Not being pissy just wondering if I broke a forum rule 🤷‍♂️

Maybe this is why? I don't know if Ola's vid was paid promotion cos I haven't watched it but it seems likely!
Fair enough, I’ve no problem with the removal I just like to know so I don’t do it again 👍🏻

Ola said Neural sent him the demo unit so this could well be construed as being paid.

Last edited:
Pretty much ANY QC video done by your favorite Youtuber up until the official release is going to be a Paid Promotion. Ola pretty much stated it, as well as Glenn Fricker, Fluff, you name it...

The review was not so good for the QC IMO.........
Agreed - if it was a paid vid I'm not sure it was $ well spent as Ola did not rave much about how great it is. Actually, most of the reviews I've seen have been kind of "luke warm". Yet to be seen I guess. To me it seems like a no brainer if you were considering Helix Floor at a higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom