FM3 sounds like an amp with a blanket on top of it

What’s the difference between range and response? Should the range be wider than the response?
Exactly. The specs leave a lot of room to fudge things, especially when they don't clearly define the limits. +/-2 dB is a whole lot different from +/-10 dB. And range being narrower than response? Does not compute.

Confusing specs on the Kali monitors. What do you make of that, having lived with them for a while?

View attachment 71631
I can't really speak to the specs or numbers, I just know they sound great and really feel good with my AxeFx. I just never enjoyed playing guitar on 5 or 6 inch speakers...and while these aren't 12's they feel great. Also sound great recording/mixing with minimal if any ear fatigue.

Reactions: Rex
I can't really speak to the specs or numbers, I just know they sound great and really feel good with my AxeFx. I just never enjoyed playing guitar on 5 or 6 inch speakers...and while these aren't 12's they feel great. Also sound great recording/mixing with minimal if any ear fatigue.
Those are, indeed, the main criteria. Thanks.

That's my experience with the LP-6. Great tone and feel. I've got the Hiwatt model dialed in and totally loving it!

I had this issue. In my case there are two cabs in the cab block and one was muted. It seems the presets use a full sounding cab and a brighter cab. I had the brighter cab muted. It’s fine now and sounds great.

How is this even possible?, the stock AC30 TB preset! go to the scenes and select Top Boost add a little delay or verb then turn it up, It sounds glorious! No need to touch anything. The OP never said what type of guitar he was using?

How is this even possible?, the stock AC30 TB preset! go to the scenes and select Top Boost add a little delay or verb then turn it up, It sounds glorious! No need to touch anything. The OP never said what type of guitar he was using?

I’m in love with the ac30... I guess is another phase as I’ve been previously in love (and still) with the ods 100, vibroverb, jtm45, trainwreck, slo100, bassman 59, silver jubilee, Princeton...

the vox model is just so good... I’m also experimenting with the matchless dc30 that is supposed to be a better version of the original and it’s also great. But there’s something on the vox that I prefer (gotta check the ir because is an AB preset and maybe they’re different)

no more thread derailment

I’m in love with the ac30... I guess is another phase as I’ve been previously in love (and still) with the ods 100, vibroverb, jtm45, trainwreck, slo100, bassman 59, silver jubilee, Princeton...

the vox model is just so good... I’m also experimenting with the matchless dc30 that is supposed to be a better version of the original and it’s also great. But there’s something on the vox that I prefer (gotta check the ir because is an AB preset and maybe they’re different)

no more thread derailment

You and I are on the same rails brotha! I just finished play'n on the AC30TB and I just don't understand how anyone can say that it has a blanket over it? Unless the OP has high output pups maybe, This model has that glassy upper end for days.

Back
Top Bottom