Fm3 Output 2 's Volume level knob issue

Hello, thanks in advance.
I am a newbie so this question might be silly but I can't figure it out.
I am trying to connect FM3 to a regular amp using the output 2 Jack (L), just to use the effects in Fm3. It works but I still use the Volume 1 , the 2nd know is not doing anything. Always shows as 40% of volume but when you move it , it really does not do anything. Also when I turn both volume knobs down I still hear signal going through the amp.
When I go to ADC levels page, it seems like the knob is acting weird.
What is what I am doing wrong?
PS: attaching 2 videos and a picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    832.7 KB · Views: 16
If you go straight from fm3 to your power amp you should use output 1, amp modeling turned of. See page 30 of manual
if youre setup is guitar amp see page 31 of manual disable power amp modeling in the setup menue thenl Navigate to SETUP: I/O: Audio and change Output 2/Copy Output 1 to “ON”. Output 2 will now replicate the signal normally sent to Out 1

Hello, thanks in advance.
I am a newbie so this question might be silly but I can't figure it out.
I am trying to connect FM3 to a regular amp using the output 2 Jack (L), just to use the effects in Fm3. It works but I still use the Volume 1 , the 2nd know is not doing anything. Always shows as 40% of volume but when you move it , it really does not do anything. Also when I turn both volume knobs down I still hear signal going through the amp.
When I go to ADC levels page, it seems like the knob is acting weird.
What is what I am doing wrong?
PS: attaching 2 videos and a picture.

since this preset is very specific, i’d replace that Out 1 block with an Out 2 block.

the ADC levels page always has the numbers moving around a lot, so that may not be an indicator of anything.

i’m not sure why Out 2 level doesn’t change when you turn the Out 2 knob, assuming you have Copy Out 1 set in the video as you show in the picture.

If you go straight from fm3 to your power amp you should use output 1, amp modeling turned of. See page 30 of manual
if youre setup is guitar amp see page 31 of manual disable power amp modeling in the setup menue thenl Navigate to SETUP: I/O: Audio and change Output 2/Copy Output 1 to “ON”. Output 2 will now replicate the signal normally sent to Out 1
Hi, thanks for helping. Yes I read that, but I am not using an amp with a effects loop so I am just going straight on the front of the amp. I do not want to change the amp modeling, because I only made 2 presets for that situation, so I prefer to not add a amp block nor a cabinet block.
If you notice the picture I attached I set up that, the output 2 to replicate the output 1, But I still do not understand why Volume 2 knob does not change or do anything on any set up . Weird. Here is the pic of my settings

Attachments

• Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    832.7 KB · Views: 6
since this preset is very specific, i’d replace that Out 1 block with an Out 2 block.

the ADC levels page always has the numbers moving around a lot, so that may not be an indicator of anything.

i’m not sure why Out 2 level doesn’t change when you turn the Out 2 knob, assuming you have Copy Out 1 set in the video as you show in the picture.
Hi Chris, thanks for answering. Yes, your idea makes sense, I thought about it but I still can get through this just turning the volume 1 up and it works. I was just wondering why my volume 2 knob does not change the volume at all on any setting, that is bizarre. Should I reset my settings or Download Firmware?

Hi Chris, thanks for answering. Yes, your idea makes sense, I thought about it but I still can get through this just turning the volume 1 up and it works. I was just wondering why my volume 2 knob does not change the volume at all on any setting, that is bizarre. Should I reset my settings or Download Firmware?
i doubt reloading firmware would do anything. i’ll try to think why Out 2 knob isn’t working, unless someone else can chime in.

very small chance it’s an actual hardware issue, probably a setting or something i’m not thinking of.

thanks man! I am kinda crazy trying to figure it out o_O

the ADC levels page2 always has the numbers moving around a lot, so that may not be an indicator of anything.

wild guess copy out 1 to out 2 might solve his issue
Hi, thanks for helping. Yes I read that, but I am not using an amp with a effects loop so I am just going straight on the front of the amp. I do not want to change the amp modeling, because I only made 2 presets for that situation, so I prefer to not add a amp block nor a cabinet block.
If you notice the picture I attached I set up that, the output 2 to replicate the output 1, But I still do not understand why Volume 2 knob does not change or do anything on any set up . Weird. Here is the pic of my settings
hmm that is kinda strange, i just read the manual it seems that out 2 is suppost to be cranked up to achieve unity gain and the volume adjustment is done on your amp. I saw in the pic that you have unity gain selected maybe change this one and see if the knob vol2 works then? attached the page here in copy does that help?

Attachments

• 6AB97F0D-CB26-4C95-8296-C9D2CF6C1C34.png
    6AB97F0D-CB26-4C95-8296-C9D2CF6C1C34.png
    491.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

hmm that is kinda strange, i just read the manual it seems that out 2 is suppost to be cranked up to achieve unity gain and the volume adjustment is done on your amp. I saw in the pic that you have unity gain selected maybe change this one and see if the knob vol2 works then? attached the page here in copy does that help?
Yeah I tried that. It is really bizarre. I hope my fm3 is not defective :coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

I'd reload FW for starters. Just tested my Output 2 knob in a viriety of configurations and when it's fully clockwise, it shows 100%, fully CCW, it's 0%. So there's DEFINITELY something wonky going on with your unit.

If reloading the FW doesn't help, file a support ticket.

I'd reload FW for starters. Just tested my Output 2 knob in a viriety of configurations and when it's fully clockwise, it shows 100%, fully CCW, it's 0%. So there's DEFINITELY something wonky going on with your unit.

If reloading the FW doesn't help, file a support ticket.
Thanks so much for checking it out! I was afraid of that. I hope it is not a big deal.

Use out 2 with poweramps or real amps because out 2 can be used as/with unity gain.
It's also what the manual says.
And yes, you are completely right: With unity gain, the out 2 knob has to be fully clockwise (100%).

Hi Guys, just an update.

I talked to the good people at Fractal and they try to help me figure it out. After couple of intents we did not have any luck. They talked to a technician and He suggested to ship it because It might be a hardware issue.
Since I live 1 hour away from the headquarters, next day I drove there in the morning instead of shipping it and I explained also to a quality control guy my issue. Nice guy. I drove back home. I received an email that it would take 2 days approx. to fix it. At 3:30pm the great Kevin, who works there, called me saying he fixed the knobs and it is working smoothly. everything was taken care for free since it was under warranty. I drove back and hour to get it before 5pm and now I have it here, working smoothly.
I just wanted to tell my story, great support there!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone

Last edited:
Hi Guys, just and update.

I talked to the good people at Fractal and they try to help me figure it out. After couple of intents we did not have any luck. They talked to a technician and He suggested to ship it because It might be a hardware issue.
Since I live 1 hour away from the headquarters, next day I drove there in the morning instead of shipping it and I explained also to a quality control guy my issue. Nice guy. I drove back home. I received and email that it would take 2 days approx. to fix it. At 3:30pm the great Kevin, who works there, called me saying he fixed the knobs and it is working smoothly. everything was taken care for free since it was under warranty. I drove back and hour to get it before 5pm and now I have it here, working smoothly.
I just wanted to tell my story, great support there!!!!!!!!
Thanks to everyone
Win!

Back
Top Bottom