FM3 Now Shipping

Well, the G66 "oopsie" might have been a preview for us. Maybe Fractal is just trying to fix the issues people are having @
"FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06" before shipping out new units.

There definitely was an influx of wait-listers on the 12th. That was evidenced by the way it took a few days just to get to 10 something PM of that day in the waitlist. The last update from Fractal was almost a week ago saying "now serving Feb 12 10PM". Since then, nothing. I understand not everyone lives on this forum/thread, but we have a few posters frequently posting in this thread that were on the list Feb 13. If invites were going out, we would have heard from them for sure. I doubt it's the same as the G66 hang up. As far as I know, fractal loads whatever the current firmware is on each unit as it's being QC'd, and readied to ship out. That's all the evidence I've gathered that leads me to believe they ran out of stock and are awaiting another shipment of units. It's either that, or they completely ignored the FM3 waitlist to make more/quicker progress on the AXE III mk2 waitlist, which I highly doubt. I would think that they would work on both simultaneously.

Of course, this is all speculation. We won't know for sure until either fractal themselves confirm or deny, or we start to see some movement again on the waitlist. Either way, until either of those happen, we'll get more anxious people and more speculation. I'm not until August, so I know I've got a little bit of a wait ahead of me. I'm not worrying too much as I've got my HX stomp and have been demoing various plug-ins to keep me busy until my turn arrives. The only danger is that with the pot of money put aside, if something on the used market pops up that I can't resist, I may use my FM3 funds and then have to start all over again saving (or sell something)

Last edited:
I doubt it's the same as the G66 hang up.

If you read the firmware release thread and the G66 thread, there are enough similarities to guess that fractal wants to handle some issues and get previous firmware issues ironed out before shipping new units.

I'm not complaining though, and it make sense given most FM3 users aren't refreshing these forums constantly. Fractal would rather fix issues with the current firmware release first than ship units now and deal with the flood of emails "omg FM3 locking up and display is blank".

If you read the firmware release thread and the G66 thread, there are enough similarities to guess that fractal wants to handle some issues and get previous firmware issues ironed out before shipping new units.

I too feel that this is the 'cause' of what appears to be a halt in FM3 shipments.

I'm not complaining though, and it make sense given most FM3 users aren't refreshing these forums constantly. Fractal would rather fix issues with the current firmware release first than ship units now and deal with the flood of emails "omg FM3 locking up and display is blank".
Fair enough. Makes sense now. I haven't been following the firmware update threads as I don't have one yet, so missed out on all the issues occurring.

All you have to do is check the Axe III wait list thread to surmise what's going on. They've switched production to filling Axe III orders from July. Doesn't seem like FIFO service but I guess they want to move the flagship.

I wonder if the Fractal guys read these forums from time to time and have a good laugh from time to time. So many speculations (including mine) 😂😂 and only they know the truth.

All you have to do is check the Axe III wait list thread to surmise what's going on. They've switched production to filling Axe III orders from July. Doesn't seem like FIFO service but I guess they want to move the flagship.
Just technicality, not production. They're produced in china in bulk and arrive in shipments. I'm sure they have plenty of both on hand currently since they haven't announced they're waiting on a shipment to continue.

It's moreso just where they're focusing on doing QA and actually packing and shipping orders.

Where this doesn't make sense is G66 though. I'm not sure Fractal would tell them to pause FM3 and focus on IIIm2's if they thought they could handle volume for both.

If anyone has an invite they they haven't pulled the trigger on, they can easily see if there is stock at the moment.

I know someone who wanted me to purchase it for him since he is not in the country. Fractal does not allow invitations to be transferred so I was not able to. However, I was able to access the link and see that they were still available. Obviously I did not go ahead and purchase it :p

Last edited:
I know someone who wanted me to purchase it from him since he is not in the country. Fractal does not allow invitations to be transferred so I was not able to. However, I was able to access the link and see that they were still available. Obviously I did not go ahead and purchase it :p

get an AXE FX 3 MK II in the meantime man it'll help you with the wait for your FM3 invite :D

Back
Top Bottom