FM3 Now Shipping

Not quite as bad as tonewood discussion I must admit :)

Alder or Ash? Maple or Rosewood? One piece or two piece body? Weight relief chambers?
Highly figured or plain? Kiln-dried, or naturally aged? Hide or standard glue neck joint?
Hand, repeater, or CNC cutting? Poly or Nitro? Satin or gloss?
:p

Are we there yet?
shutterstock_kids_stationwagon.jpg

Last edited:
For a product as old as the Ax8 is and in a community of digital modeling that in the grand scheme of things is not that large, it's hard to imagine the Ax8 wait list growing much on a per day basis in 2019. I feel like 30 or 40 signups per day years after launch would be really impressive but hard to imagine. I know it never stayed in stock since launch but still seems crazy to me.

That would mean that only a handful of invitations are going our per day. It let's Fractal appear to be busy selling units and chugging away through the ax8 wait list (at a snails pace and not pushing through original batch too fast) while waiting for next batch to come in thus trimming down some future "unsavory" comments. Stalling basically, which is fine. That's what it looks like to me.

The other thing to consider is that with any product release The first time you release to real people (and not just developers and testers) new issues almost universally arise. And with hardware there's an additional layer of complication and risk. As a small company Fractal might be OK with the release being slow so they have time to detect and handle these issues before too many get out there and it becomes an even bigger problem.

And the other thing might just be that they're putting firmware on them, QAing them, testing everything is up to standard, then packaging them at a rate of only so many a day. So your theory might be the side effect, not the cause.

In the words of of Jeff Foxworthy

if you think you can hear the difference
between 6 and 7 winds in a pickup

you might be a TGP member

If you discuss the difference between
jescar and Dunlop frets for days

if you believe the make and color of the grill cloth on your cabinet is the final piece of the tone puzzle

you are definitely a TGP member

1AD8A35A-3C53-408B-A0F6-E0D577A20A94.jpeg

I have been a TGP member for eleven years and this is great! Some of that stuff is spot on.

In the words of of Jeff Foxworthy

if you think you can hear the difference
between 6 and 7 winds in a pickup

If you discuss the difference between
jescar and Dunlop frets for days

if you believe the make and color of the grill cloth on your cabinet is the final piece of the tone puzzle

you are definitely a TGP member

View attachment 64664

That would mean that only a handful of invitations are going our per day. It let's Fractal appear to be busy selling units and chugging away through the ax8 wait list (at a snails pace and not pushing through original batch too fast) while waiting for next batch to come in thus trimming down some future "unsavory" comments. Stalling basically, which is fine. That's what it looks like to me.
I don't understand how stalling would make sense from a business perspective. It seems to me that turning stock into cash at the fastest pace possible would be in the company's best interest. My guess is that they are shipping more per day than any of us realize. It probably just seems slow in the same way that a watched pot seems slow to boil.

Reactions: jon
I haven't checked in here for a while in order to keep calm. Is there any idea if the next shipment will be a larger batch? It seems odd to release a product that is so exciting with such a limited amount of units.

Back
Top Bottom