FM3 Now Shipping

That could be the final word on about 99.999% of the topics in this forum. Might as well close up shop.

Yeah, I wish they’d just nuke any thread that doesn’t involve actual discussion of the FM3. Most of these threads just turn into pissing contests.

I can only imagine a new, potential customer visiting this forum and reading some of these posts.

A huge thanks to the beta testers, owners, and those who are actually posting really informative content. 👍🏻

Reading most of these FM3 threads reminds me of a road trip with teenager children in the back seat.

I keep waiting for one of our two "dads" (Cliff/Matt) to turn around and say "don't make me turn this car around!", or (far less politely) "STFU!".

Seriously, it appears nobody learned from the first round of strategic nuclear strikes on the FM3 forum.

It's all well and good that some people want more information... But if you've not learned by the 30 pages in this thread alone, let me explain it:

You aren't going to get the answers. Please stop asking. It's wearing very thin.

There's no whining either. But it doesn't stop people from accusing those asking for simple information of being whiners.
Everyone is waiting THEIR OWN WAY. People who don't mind being in the dark should respect those who do mind, instead
of hurling insults.
I see nothing wrong with asking questions.
I am curious about the whole process too, and not sure on why fractal keeps some information away from the customers (For example, why did we find out about the headphoneless version only after the first invites were sent?). But some of ya'll sound like a kid in a back of the car that asks "Are we there yet?", "Is disney land canceled?", "Are we gonna run out of fuel and never reach it?" every few seconds on the way to Disney land. Then you accuse Dad of leaving you in the dark, when you don't hear another "Nah"? It's just annoying and pointless. You are on your way to disney land and Dad is still driving. Chill.

I'd love to have my FM3 as much as anyone else, but I am aware enough that the car is still going and nagging won't make it faster, nor will it prevent another flat tire...
What bothers me the most is that if FM3 wasn't announced, ya'll be happier. Playing your currently rigs, and being creative.
Why not put yourself into that mindset for the time being (as if FM3 doesn't exist and you know nothing about it), Be happy with what you have... And when it arrives - Great.

Last edited:
Discussion Board.
Again, if there's a rule against any of this please let me know.
Otherwise mind your own business.

Yes, this is a discussion board, but all this speculation and questions being asked that we’ve been told will not be answered is turning it into a toxic environment.

Everything that FAS is willing to answer has been answered by the FAS team.

Discussion Board.
Again, if there's a rule against any of this please let me know.
Otherwise, you need to chill if this is stressing you out.
Go outside and play!
Dude... It's not "discussion", it's repeatedly asking for (and often complaining about) not having some information from Fractal.

Are you getting that information when you ask? No.

Should you ask again? No.

Should you discuss as nauseum why you're not getting the information? No.

All of these things have been made patently clear if you're actually reading these threads.

There's no whining either. But it doesn't stop people from accusing those asking for simple information of being whiners.
Everyone is waiting THEIR OWN WAY. People who don't mind being in the dark should respect those who do mind, instead
of hurling insults.

I think the issue is that these same type of questions have been asked over and over and over again. The annoyance stems from the earlier threads that have been deleted due to a real tone of belligerence. Not saying this is you. BUT those are the type of questions that started all the drama before the release.
Asking the same questions in different ways trying to pry answers ended up polluting the threads and causing drama.

Just because we don’t understand the why doesn’t mean there’s not a good reason for the why. Why can’t they give a number? Why can’t they tell me where I am on the list? Odds are if they did provide this information, there would inevitably be somebody looking for something more and not understanding why they can’t get what they want. and so on...

If you leave them alone, and let them work things will move faster! distractions slow any process! Just saying!

I have found myself asking the same question several times, “are there any updates?” And you know what? On a couple of occasions, I have gotten an update because I asked. I think that if we are asking in a respectful manner, and out of sincere interest, it should not bother anyone if we ask what’s going on.

For a product as old as the Ax8 is and in a community of digital modeling that in the grand scheme of things is not that large, it's hard to imagine the Ax8 wait list growing much on a per day basis in 2019. I feel like 30 or 40 signups per day years after launch would be really impressive but hard to imagine. I know it never stayed in stock since launch but still seems crazy to me.

That would mean that only a handful of invitations are going our per day. It let's Fractal appear to be busy selling units and chugging away through the ax8 wait list (at a snails pace and not pushing through original batch too fast) while waiting for next batch to come in thus trimming down some future "unsavory" comments. Stalling basically, which is fine. That's what it looks like to me.

I'll just add you to my ignore list and move on. ;)

No offense taken. Not all people see eye to eye in real life.
Why should it be any different on a forum.
Just be respectful to one another.
Calling someone a whiner is not cool imo.

I disagree with your disagreement. :D :p

I agree with your disagreement of the agreement that those who often disagree
should simply agree more with those who don't disagree.
Agreed?

Back
Top Bottom