FM3 Now Shipping

I think they are referring to the power cable...

The writing over the plug jack says 100-240VAC and 50-60Hz.
Even if it has a EU power cord all you'd need is an EU-US adapter.

uk-au-eu-to-us-adapter-3-prong-nyc.jpg

The writing over the plug jack says 100-240VAC and 50-60Hz.
Even if it has a EU power cord all you'd need is an EU-US adapter.

uk-au-eu-to-us-adapter-3-prong-nyc.jpg
Pretty much the same as all the Fractal products ;)

The cord is detachable and standard... I would just buy the necessary cord - probably the same cost as an adapter.

Pretty much the same as all the Fractal products ;)

The cord is detachable and standard... I would just buy the necessary cord - probably the same cost as an adapter.

Sorry got confused for a bit. Anyway, I know we all want one, but that one on reverb is fishing! 😅

Since when does G66 offer a 5 years warranty ?
I knew it was three years but it is written in the german description of the new FM 3 on their website. If you switch to the english version you do not see the five years warranty at the end of the availability page. Dunno if they forgot it in the english description 🤷‍♂️

that one on reverb is fishing! 😅

Seller has been a member since 2016 and has a 37 five star rating.
Think they're just testing how frenzied the waters are right now. Will be interesting
to watch what happens with the listing.

Sweetwater has a new Friedman BE100 Deluxe for $3,799
Peach in England has the same head new for euro 3,499 or $3,859 USD.

???????

It's not 3500 euro on peach. It's pounds. That means its 4472USD.

But if you look at a mesa tc50 its 2000USD on Sweetwater and 3225 USD on Thomann.

Of course there is the VAT on EU prices and not on US prices but even with that MESA amps here are very very expensive for some reason.

That why it's frustrating that the G66 prices here are higher but kind of acceptable. They get money with the warranty (fractal products are reliable enough so the warranty must make them some money) and a little bit extra but not much

Last edited:
Will be interesting to watch what happens with the listing.

Been over a day and it's still there with 28 watchers. Weird, the picture showing the back of the unit has been removed
and there's no mention of the headphone jack in the description. The new pictures confirm it's a US power cord.
aBr555g.jpg

Been over a day and it's still there with 28 watchers. Weird, the picture showing the back of the unit has been removed
and there's no mention of the headphone jack in the description. The new pictures confirm it's a US power cord.
aBr555g.jpg

Give it a few days. Someone will purchase it.

Just as a matter of correctness-The 5 Star rating the guy selling the FM3 on Reverb were mainly posted by the SELLER praising the buyers for quick payment, easy to deal with, etc..Just sayin"
Actually ALL 37 5 star reviews are about the BUYER, not the seller. The guy seems to sell quite a few fractal products-some III's, XL+'s, etc FC12

Just goes to show that there is always a market above and below an advertised price. I’m willing to bet that if FAS would have priced the FM3 at $1,199, it would still be a hit.

Would I pay $1,894.66 for an FM3 to have it early? No. Would I pay an extra $200? You bet your ass I would.

Yes and no. There is a Nash equilibrium somewhere on the pricing that is difficult to achieve. Sure there is a price people are willing to pay for the product but is the higher profit per unit sold worth the people that would buy other products instead because of that price increase? Hard to know, the best way it trying to find a balance so you are less dependent on whatever the competition does.

And also remember that the EU price +taxes and warranty will be around 1400/1500USD. So it's not that big of a jump to get it early.

Back
Top Bottom