FM3 MKII/Turbo Speculation

Just gonna chime in and say I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next with the FM3. [I'd love a smaller size focused on effects and 4-cable method].

There’s someone up here north of the border that’s posting an FM3 for over $2500 cdn because they’re “out of stock with no eta”. Really hoping for a refresh so I stop seeing stuff like that…and can pepper them with inane questions like “is this the old out of date one or the new one that I can buy online with a warranty?”

Always seemed amusing to me that people resent those trying to sell rare good stuff for more - it's a fact of life - rare good stuff sells for more. Also amusing to me is people who over estimate what rare is worth and try to sell stuff at prices no-one will accept. Also also amusing to me is those that buy rare stuff at insane prices when they can buy it at a normal price with some patience and few stop-gap measures.

Always seemed amusing to me that people resent those trying to sell rare good stuff for more - it's a fact of life - rare good stuff sells for more. Also amusing to me is people who over estimate what rare is worth and try to sell stuff at prices no-one will accept. Also also amusing to me is those that buy rare stuff at insane prices when they can buy it at a normal price with some patience and few stop-gap measures.
+1 to all of these.

It also amuses me how much people are willing to pay for “vintage,” “brand name” and “signature.”

I'm not sure. I got on the wait list 3 months ago today.
Looking forward to the back in stock message. 📣

Last edited:
Guess it wasn't a waste, no matter how much the forum users connected to Fractal pretended!
It's easy to guess that they'll update CPUs when possible. Trying to guess when they'll do it is the problem.

It's important to keep this in mind:
"The entire product line was conceived years ago. The goal was to maximize the number of parts shared between products. The footswitch PC boards do three switches each. An FM3 has one board. An FC6 has two. An FM9 has three and an FC12 has four. All products use the same LCDs, encoders, side plates, etc., etc. This reduces cost and repair inventory. The FC6 and the FM3 are basically the same enclosure. The FC12 and FM9 are basically the same enclosure. This isn't a huge market. Margins are thin so you have to think of ways to minimize development and product costs. Parts bin methodology is the route we took on this generation." [1]
Anything that doesn't fit within that philosophy is very unlikely to happen, and is what I was referring to.

Back
Top Bottom