FM3 MKII/Turbo Speculation

Kinda wondering the same thing….about to purchase one used but if a new one is dropping I’ll hold off
It's been said before, don't let FOMO dictate your choice.

Do some research on the AX8. They still command at least $700 used and have been >$800 recently. Fractal continued to support the AX8 for about one year after the FM3 launched. When the FM3 was announced there were several people who immediately sold their AX8s and then regretted it b/c they were left with nothing due to the wait list.

You can probably expect a similar experience if and when the FM3 is replaced. If you can pick one up for a decent price, then go for it.

It's been said before, don't let FOMO dictate your choice.

Do some research on the AX8. They still command at least $700 used and have been >$800 recently. Fractal continued to support the AX8 for about one year after the FM3 launched. When the FM3 was announced there were several people who immediately sold their AX8s and then regretted it b/c they were left with nothing due to the wait list.

You can probably expect a similar experience if and when the FM3 is replaced. If you can pick one up for a decent price, then go for it.
I get what you’re saying. I own an fm9 and love it but for the few fly gigs I have coming up, I wanted something smaller. I do have my Hx stomp that I’ve used for years for fly gigs and am fine to use that again, but I wanted to convert everything to fractal ecosystem if the price was right. The used price isn’t great because of the waitlist but there’s not many available at all either so I feel like I’m paying too much. If something new was coming I know the seller would drop the price or I would get something brand new after these few fly gigs.

All is good

Almost two months of waitlist...

FM3 already has pretty much all the CPU I need, but a bump similar to what the FM9 experienced would be cool!

Weird that there's no waitlist thread either.

Is no one else curious as to what's being cooked up in FM3 land?
Are you referring to a wait list thread for the FM3 or asking about one for any future replacement/upgrade?

Yes, plenty of people are curious, but FAS won't tip their hand on product development. That would be bad for business. When the time comes, they'll continue to support the FM3 during the transition period.

Last edited:
Weird that there's no waitlist thread either.

Is no one else curious as to what's being cooked up in FM3 land?
The wait-list thread for FM9 started when there was only a wait-list... It's never existed without one so far.

The FM3 had a wait-list thread when it was in that same state.

So did the Axe Fx III...

They occasionally temporarily run short of stock and need to replenish.

Create a thread if you're that concerned.

As I said, this happens from time to time. There's typically not a special thread when it happens.
You’re posting in it!

What about this thread has made you so upset? Does the possibility of a new FM3 not intrigue you as it does me?

You’re posting in it!

What about this thread has made you so upset? Does the possibility of a new FM3 not intrigue you as it does me?
He's not upset. He's just been around longer and letting you know how things work.

Yes, people are intrigued about any future products. FAS' competitors are also intrigued. You're not the first to pose this question, so please just understand it will only result in empty speculation.

As for the wait list, do you have any info on what the actual wait is? If it's not that bad, then it's probably not worth FAS keeping people updated. A few years ago they were because the wait was really extensive and they wanted to let people know of the progress being made. There were people using data models to forecast when you could expect to receive an invite based on when you got on the list. But that was a different beast I think than what may be happening now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom