FM3 & Fishman TriplePlay with iPad

Flexitron

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience integrating the Fishman TriplePlay Wireless with their FM3, FM9 and AxeFX III?

I was considering, using an iPad to run TriplePlay Connect App and using the FM3 as a USB audio interface to then send both the synth sounds from the TriplePlay Connect App and the Analog Guitar signal out through output 1 (XLR) to FOH mixer. Is this possible, or no?

I don't have experience with the Triple Play, but I have run Midi Guitar 2 on my iPad Pro sending input to it from my FM9 and sending the output back to the FM9, all via a single USB B to USB C cable.

I don't know if it will work with the FM3 because it has a different USB implementation. It should work fine with the Axe Fx III though I haven't yet tested it.

If your iPad uses a lightning cable you may need the camera connection adapter.

Thank you for your response. It sounds as if my FM3 will communicate with iPad Pro Apps via USB. I'll just need to confirm if I can send and receive both MIDI and Audio data. I'll try it out this weekend and respond with the results. Thanks again.

Ok, I'm back!

I tried it out and is this is what I found:

If I use the FM3 as an audio interface with the iPad and use Fishman's TriplePlay Connect App. It works flawlessly. However, when I use the TiplePlay software on a PC it sucks a$$!. Gittery and very unreliable. Especially in a live scenario, which is what I'm seeking. Maybe it will work better on a Mac, but I only have a Mac Mini and not a MacBook or Air at this time. My laptop is an HP with i7 CPU, Windows 11. I can't us it.

The good news is that the iPad Connect App works great. Just not as many synth sounds as I would like to have. Luckily my setlist of 47 songs consist mostly of guitar tones, which the FM3 total dominates! So, having to switch back and forth for three, maybe four songs, is not that big of a deal.

My connections are as follows:

Physical Connections:

1) Using a USB-C to Three Outs ((1) USB-C Power Only, (2) USB-C Data only, and USB-A) adapter, I connect to the FM3 using a 6' long USB-C to USB-B cable.
2) The Fishman TriplePlay USB dongle is connected to the USB-A port on the adapter,
3) A plug-in power adapter with USB-C is connected to the USB-C Power Only port. this will keep my iPad charged and it is required to power the adapter as well.

Fishman Connect App Config:

Just make sure you're in low latency mode.

On the FM3:

Using PC or Mac computer and FM3 Edit software, click on "Setup" > "Audio" See below my settings. This worked for me.

1717368793077.png

Back
Top Bottom