FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

i do have killdry. and have to allways switch scenes forth and back to have it work properly.

I run verb and delay in parallel and set the mix to 100. I guess you can run in parallel the same way as in series with kill dry. Maybe it has other advantages. In my above post I should have said we don’t have a working kill dry. I still want a Mutron block.

Post in thread 'Finally got a good Mu-Tron tone'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/finally-got-a-good-mu-tron-tone.199720/post-2490417

+1 for mutron

(what is that?) :)

It’s a subtle auto wah-ish filter used by Jerry Garcia on some songs. Shakedown Street, Estimated Prophet for example. Mayer uses a Q-Tron on the Dead and Company gigs. Lot of fun to play with. I have tried a bunch of methods and some are pretty good. Hoping Cliff will get around to finishing it.

It’s a subtle auto wah-ish filter used by Jerry Garcia on some songs. Shakedown Street, Estimated Prophet for example. Mayer uses a Q-Tron on the Dead and Company gigs. Lot of fun to play with. I have tried a bunch of methods and some are pretty good. Hoping Cliff will get around to finishing it.
Subtle? Not really... :D

Found a bug, yes, it is a bug...

I can't seem to save edited presets between 384 and 415. If I do try to save any preset in any of these locations, I go to a different preset, then come back to the newly saved preset, and low and behold, nothing is there. FM3 II Turbo running Firmware 8.

I've tried "Copy to" and Creating a new preset, I.E 386 and then Save > go to diffrent preset > come back to 384 and nothing has been saved. Presets above 415 work as expected, but not between 386 and 415. What's going on? Thanks in advance.

I can't seem to save edited presets between 384 and 415. If I do try to save any preset in any of these locations, I go to a different preset, then come back to the newly saved preset, and low and behold, nothing is there. FM3 II Turbo running Firmware 8.

I've tried "Copy to" and Creating a new preset, I.E 386 and then Save > go to diffrent preset > come back to 384 and nothing has been saved. Presets above 415 work as expected, but not between 386 and 415. What's going on? Thanks in advance.
From the editor?

Try from the front panel.

If only from the editor then an editor bug not firmware...

It happens on both the unit itself (front panel), and with the editor. Save to slot 384 using the Store, then enter button, then shows sucessful save, switch presets > come back to slot 384 and nothing there.

It happens on both the unit itself (front panel), and with the editor. Save to slot 384 using the Store, then enter button, then shows sucessful save, switch presets > come back to slot 384 and nothing there.
Just a curious thought: do you have PC Mapping enabled? If so, does it work if you turn that off?

My son uses my FM3 so it hasn't been updated yet. Maybe I'll try to test this behavior today before and after updating.

I know this isn't helpful for you, but I've tested this on my FM3 II Turbo fw8 and not having issues saving to these slots. It appears something is borked in your settings.

unix-guy, Thank you! On the FM3 itself, I went into setup > Midi..Remote > PC Mapping (It was turned off) and turned PC Mapping to ON, and now I can save to any location and it sticks.. I'm not using any midi foot controllers as of yet, so maybe just a weird thing going on.. I dont know, but I really appreciate your help! Thank you again.

unix-guy, Thank you! On the FM3 itself, I went into setup > Midi..Remote > PC Mapping (It was turned off) and turned PC Mapping to ON, and now I can save to any location and it sticks.. I'm not using any midi foot controllers as of yet, so maybe just a weird thing going on.. I dont know, but I really appreciate your help! Thank you again.
Ok. I would turn that off and test again. You normally do not want PC Mapping turned on unless you know what you're doing it for.

I tested before updating and after with it off and on. It made no difference - in all cases I was able to save presets. I tested using slot 400.

Glad it's working for you.

Back
Top Bottom