FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

I love this update it has made my FM3 a good live gigging piece of gear. It might be my imagination, but I seem to have a little more CPU headroom.

BTW, it's possible to use Ctrl-A to select all amps at once and then use menu to "Reset AMP blocks" (check this out as well - ).

Note - resetting all amp blocks requires time (15-20 mins on FM3 Turbo) - do not to it during your gig.

Is this necessary even if I already saved all the presets with the new automatic function?

Just installed 8.0 and am going thru old presets. I use several different guitars and have a preset made up for each instrument, with 4 scenes per preset, each scene using a different amp and cab using the 4 different channels available in the scene. This worked fine before 8.0, but now it won't retain the 'save' for that scene.....ie: switching from scene 1 to scene 2 to scene 3, the amps don't switch as configured regardless of saving them repeatedly to the appropriate channel. I have not yet tried to implement the gapless switching feature. Have I installed this incorrectly or is this a possible bug?

Do you have Scene Ignore turned on in the Amp Block?

I suspect possibly yes - this then means that the block will stop responding to further scene commands.

See if you can find this and turn it off ...

Just installed 8.0 and am going thru old presets. I use several different guitars and have a preset made up for each instrument, with 4 scenes per preset, each scene using a different amp and cab using the 4 different channels available in the scene. This worked fine before 8.0, but now it won't retain the 'save' for that scene.....ie: switching from scene 1 to scene 2 to scene 3, the amps don't switch as configured regardless of saving them repeatedly to the appropriate channel. I have not yet tried to implement the gapless switching feature. Have I installed this incorrectly or is this a possible bug?
OK, I figured it out.....on this particular preset, I had inadvertently engaged the "scene ignore" button in the bottom right corner of the editing screen....never used it and am not sure what it does but disengaging it solved the issue. Thanks to those who were considering coming to my rescue..

It's sort of hard to glean from this thread - what are the current known issues with 8.00 that would be fixed in a follow-up patch?

I (and probably other folks) am trying to work out if I should wait for an 8.01 patch or upgrade now. Thanks everyone!

It's sort of hard to glean from this thread - what are the current known issues with 8.00 that would be fixed in a follow-up patch?

I (and probably other folks) am trying to work out if I should wait for an 8.01 patch or upgrade now. Thanks everyone!
The main one is the reverb either being muted or a louder volume upon first use after startup (depending on if it’s series or parallel) until the block is clicked on in the editor - I hope there’s a fix for that one soon.

The main one is the reverb either being muted or a louder volume upon first use after startup (depending on if it’s series or parallel) until the block is clicked on in the editor - I hope there’s a fix for that one soon.
Isn't there a problem with the Kill Dry feature as well?

Isn't there a problem with the Kill Dry feature as well?
I suspect that’s the issue, it’s not updating the kill dry setting for the preset on first load, which could mute a series block and make a parallel block louder, but that’s for the developers to deduce.

I suspect that’s the issue, it’s not updating the kill dry setting for the preset on first load, which could mute a series block and make a parallel block louder, but that’s for the developers to deduce.
i've had this as well, with delays that i've now switched to killdry on a recent preset

it seems there's this quick volume jump (if you're playing and then switching) when first switching to the scene after startup, but thereafter it's fine

if you're not playing at the same time and switching scenes, you wouldn't notice this and it does seem related to the delay blocks in this case

i'll see if i can put a test preset together later to properly test this

ho avuto anche questo, con ritardi che ora sono passato a killdry su un preset recente

sembra che ci sia questo rapido salto di volume (se stai giocando e poi cambi) quando passi per la prima volta alla scena dopo l'avvio, ma da quel momento in poi va bene

se non stai giocando contemporaneamente e cambi scena, non lo noterai e in questo caso sembra correlato ai blocchi di ritardo

Vedrò se riesco a mettere insieme un preset di prova più tardi per testarlo correttamente
Idem

though i haven't seen an "official" confirm the bug, maybe i have overread that.

though i haven't seen an "official" confirm the bug, maybe i have overread that.
just reported the bug in a separate thread with a video to show the issue, it happens everytime on a fresh boot/first time turning the unit on

once things have been clicked on, activated/deactivated the problem goes away

let's see what devs say on it

Upgrade now. Kill dry a little wonky but that’s nothing. Upgrade and start dialing your stuff back in. Pretty easy to do compared to some past upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom