FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

Thanks for the update!
Question: will FAS put download links for all Gift-of-tone soon? Because as I inderstand all v7.0 presets are uncompatible with v8.

May it is worth having some online converter (at FAS website) that can convert any pre-v8 preset to v8-ready preset?

Thanks for the update!
Question: will FAS put download links for all Gift-of-tone soon? Because as I inderstand all v7.0 presets are uncompatible with v8.

May it is worth having some online converter (at FAS website) that can convert any pre-v8 preset to v8-ready preset?

Are you able to import it? And then convert it?

It’s the other way round. Presets that are build under an older firmware can be loaded and used in newer firmwares, but due to the changes in the newer firmware they may not sound as intended.
A preset build (or even just saved) under firmware 8 can not be imported under previous firmwares.

Noticed that the unit is louder at start up until a scene is pressed. Then the volume goes back to the saved preset. Has this been verified?

Fantastic work!

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet;

So this kind of creates a bit of confusion despite it being super helpful for the beta, thank you Leon!!.

Sounds like if we already did these steps with the beta version the new one is update and done according to @chris
Guys on the FB site are all confused too, and offering all kinds of "helpful" :rolleyes: info...

So to clarify **If we did the steps in Leon's initial video above for 8.0 update just load it and done?

I did not see this info in the release notes

Nope, I did not.

Upgrade All Presets (Utility menu) does only one thing: re-save all presets on the unit.
Re-saving is required (only this time) to enable gapless presets changes.
That's why I've suggested earlier to change the title from 'Upgrade All Presets' to 'Re-Save All Presets', to prevent confusion.

[Edited]
Because loading old presets under the new firmware will also update certain amp parameters (see OP), executing 'Upgrade All Presets' will also make sure the presets get saved with those new defaults. That's specific to this firmware. And nothing gets 'reset'.
Thanks Yek. Doing this now while I sit in a meeting. :)

Thanks FAS! Everything went smoothly here too.
My main amp in real life is an multiwatt Recto and within the FM3 it is Recto 2. It changed its behavior with FW8.0. With my old settings it sounded bad, it shifted in feel, low end response and low mids. A few tweaks and everything is back. Modeling was great with FW7 already, at this point everything sounds above amazing.
Mind sharing your preset? I love the recto2 as well and would love to try out your version

Noticed that the unit is louder at start up until a scene is pressed. Then the volume goes back to the saved preset. Has this been verified?
I found the issue after turning off KILL DRY while using parallel effects. Delay/Reverb blocks, It doesn't have the volume boost when powering on. Is this normal when kill dry is turned on?

I seem to detect a bug on the delay block in the kill dry, preset saved with activated, but when the machine is turned on it sounds with a higher volume, as if it were read with kill dry checked off, then just click on the delay block from the editor or change scene and everything subsides back to normal. the problem reoccurs when you turn it back on, there seems to be a bug that doesn't memorize the kill dry, then you just need to touch something and it synchronizes.
Have others detected this? in my case only delay block, specifically stereo tape but I think it's the block in general
This will be fixed in the next firmware revision.

A few years ago when I first got the FM3, I was coming from Kemper and I felt so frustrated at first that I was ready to quit. You guys gave me a few pointers and I was up and running. That was probably FW 5 something I think.

Now I feel like I can fire up a blank patch, add an input>amp>cab>output and be up and running with a really good basic sound in minutes. I am not exactly sure when that happened but I am grateful for it.

Grateful for the new life you guys have given the FM3 as well, thank you FAS!!
-Slamo

jerking off sex appeal GIF
Wow. I never saw that production of Peter Pan. Look out, Wendy... :eek::p

Last edited:
I’ve had a similar issue where a preset loads up silent, then as soon as I click on the (series) Delay block in the editor the sound starts to work. I can’t repeat this bug afterwards as the preset then works ok.
I had the same experience. Can't repeat also.

Back
Top Bottom