FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

Hungry Comedy GIF by Cocaine Bear

I should add, it’s fantastic that they are keeping the FM3 up to the AX3 modeling standards. Thanks!

Just reporting back to say everything is smooth.

Also, in the Beta thread prior to this release, someone was asking about boot times. Mine dropped from 48 to 43 secs (I never used the Beta).

Last edited:
Thank you for this great update and all the work you have done to introduce all these features and improvements!!!

Wow - official release so soon after beta...Amazing!

I asked this on the beta thread but didn't really get a clear answer so I'll try here. On FW 7x I have a bunch of my own presets including of course all of the factory presets, some of which I've tweaked and saved on previous firmwares. If I update to FW 8 from FW 7, and perform the "upgrade all presets" utility function, do I then STILL need to also reset the amp blocks on existing presets to be fully updated with Cygnus X-3 modeling in all amp blocks? And if not - If I take a saved FW7 preset, "copy" an amp block's channel, soft or hard reset that amp block, and then paste the copied settings on to the newly reset amp block - is this now my original saved amp block settings but with full updated Cygnus X-3 amp block?

Thanks all!

Wow - official release so soon after beta...Amazing!

I asked this on the beta thread but didn't really get a clear answer so I'll try here. On FW 7x I have a bunch of my own presets including of course all of the factory presets, some of which I've tweaked and saved on previous firmwares. If I update to FW 8 from FW 7, and perform the "upgrade all presets" utility function, do I then STILL need to also reset the amp blocks on existing presets to be fully updated with Cygnus X-3 modeling in all amp blocks? And if not - If I take a saved FW7 preset, "copy" an amp block's channel, soft or hard reset that amp block, and then paste the copied settings on to the newly reset amp block - is this now my original saved amp block settings but with full updated Cygnus X-3 amp block?

Thanks all!
+1

@rglr - when will the 'FM3 Factory Presets' for Download HERE be updated to FW 8.00 version?
It's probable that they won't unless there is a detrimental effect due to algorithm changes. I updated to FW 8, then updated presets (you can do this from the unit) and reset all amp blocks (did a mass reset from the Editor...not sure if it's necessary to do both, but at worst it's just redundant) and my factory presets sound great.

It's a huge undertaking to redo the factory presets.

It's probable that they won't unless there is a detrimental effect due to algorithm changes. I updated to FW 8, then updated presets (you can do this from the unit) and reset all amp blocks (did a mass reset from the Editor...not sure if it's necessary to do both, but at worst it's just redundant) and my factory presets sound great.

It's a huge undertaking to redo the factory presets.

Not necessarily going to be new presets...

Reason is because I did what @fcs101 did and did the bulk ‘reset amp blocks’ from FM3-Edit.

It maintained amp settings except that it reset the 5-band EQ in a Mesa Mark IIC preset I had and also turned off and defaulted the preamp ‘Boost’ setting.

So I’m guessing the amp block reset also did that to any factory preset that had those things enabled.

Reason is because I did what @fcs101 did and did the bulk ‘reset amp blocks’ from FM3-Edit.

It maintained amp settings except that it reset the 5-band EQ in a Mesa Mark IIC preset I had and also turned off and defaulted the preamp ‘Boost’ setting.

So I’m guessing the amp block reset also did that to any factory preset that had those things enabled.
I think that's addressed in the Wiki:

1714450830819.png

I'm guessing most factory presets utilize stock settings. I know there's a reference somewhere that the stock settings are "really good" (in reference to people wanting to deep dive into what's available and spending lots of time tweaking this and that).

I will add that there is still a bit of mystery to what resetting the amp actually does...

Back
Top Bottom