FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also been playing around with FAS Express and now I think it's sensationally good. I wish FAS would build a few factory presets with the new amps and dynacabs to show what's possible... I prefer working with the factory presets rather than building them myself, I'm not that good at building them myself...
It's really easy to learn, and the factory presets are great examples of how to do things. Sections 5-9 in the manual are a good tutorial using the front-panel of the unit to build your presets and explain how presets, scenes and channels relate to each other.

It's good to start by using the front-panel because you'll always have it available when using the unit. Once you're feeling relatively comfortable with that then Edit will quickly make a lot of sense.

And you can always ask for help when you run into something that doesn't make sense.

This is huge.

Remember all the worry and fretting :) over the last few weeks? "Why isn't all this good stuff in the FM3 yet?" "It's been too quiet here." "What's wrong?" We even had a few people who suggested that the FM3 just couldn't handle another firmware update.

Then today happened. :p :cool:

Last edited:
I noticed a bunch of low end rumble after updating to the 8 beta that was too much for an update. I found that somewhere in the process of updating the firmware and the presets (which took 20 minutes) the low cut in the Amp block's Input EQ of my current preset got deleted.

Also a little bug i noticed: When i change a preset to a point it exceeds CPU limit and revert the changes back, the red warning in the upper left stays although the unit and Axe Edit works normally again. Changing presets deletes the warning.

The things your brain forgets or neglects when you're excited.... I just spent an hour trying to remember how to do anything update'y and had to take a walk with a smoke to calm down enough to do it. GOT 'EM!!!

Thanxs for this amazing update!

I just spent 2 hours on it with just IN-AMP-CAB-OUT:).

I don't know what you did but I feel like I have a totally different and brand new modeler. :)

I play only old Marshall cause that's what I'm used to and I love those amps because they are raw, reactive, dynamic and have a lot of "anger" in them.

Before this update I struggled a lot with the dynamics, to get the simple "real feel"when playing some legato lines, always struggled to have to put more gain than I wanted to to have this feel and dynamic.
Now it sounds amazing, the feel is absolutely there, I just can't stop playing. Forget the comp, the mutlibandcompressor, enhancer etc. I don't need them anymore. Everything's got depth and is amazing to play.

I just took my 2 usual Irs panned left/right and set a 1970 PLEXI and that's it. just like I would play a real amp and everything is amazing...
here's a quick "tired fingers" noodling.

But Still I have the IN block noise gate BUG :

as I mentioned here I STILL have this horrible slapback noise with Intelligent Gate type in the Input block. And the settings are factory settings.
Easy Mode thresh: -60 rel: 100.00ms

here's the fw8 intelligent vs classic.

everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks again for that update!

This is huge.

Remember all the worry and fretting :))) over the last few weeks? "Why isn't all this good stuff in the FM3 yet?" "It's been too quiet here." "What's wrong?" We even had a few people who suggested that the FM3 Just couldn't handle another firmware update.

Then today happened. :p :cool:
I was thinking the same.

Citrus RV50 is listed as a new model. But we had that before, correct? I assume this refers to some extra work done on the existing model.

Awesome. Gonna check it out tonight.

You are speaking my language. I have been comparing my FM3 a lot with my Synergy rig lately, and I use an Axe II for effects with the Synergy. Kind of like you said, the FM3 kind of smears the low end together on high gain chunky sounds, and there is always too much lower midrange. It is just not as clear, and punchy as the Synergy.
I will be interested to hear what you think 🤔
My impressions are it is much closer to that tube preamp feel and sound

Very happy with the change in feel for the Citrus RV50. It's a similar change for many amps, but maybe something extra on the RV50? Unsure, but it seems to feel closer to a real rockerverb now. Very satisfying to play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom