FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stupid question as AXE III user: Do you really think that the FM3 will still get various complex features?
yes, as best as possible.
I keep reading about a lack of processing power and sometimes even crashes. I suspect that the FM3 is working at its performance limit and it would be better not to torture it any more. Stability comes before functionality. Good luck!
i've read about the Axe3 Turbo running out of CPU and crashing. it's all relative. everyone wants just a bit more from whatever the limit is.

any unit has its own limits for real time processing and CPU. the FM3 has a lower limit, and you can create full sounds with many effects and tones within that limit.

A stupid question as AXE III user: Do you really think that the FM3 will still get various complex features?
I keep reading about a lack of processing power and sometimes even crashes. I suspect that the FM3 is working at its performance limit and it would be better not to torture it any more. Stability comes before functionality. Good luck!
imo if the gapless switching gets added in the fm3 it will actually increase the unit's potential. even if around 2-5% of dsp is allocated in the gapless switch you can offload blocks you dont need at the same time to different presets and switch back and forth instead of cramming everything in one preset always using dsp even if not needed at the time and using scenes to switch them around.
gapless switching would be an "investment" worth its price

imo if the gapless switching gets added in the fm3 it will actually increase the unit's potential. even if around 2-5% of dsp is allocated in the gapless switch you can offload blocks you dont need at the same time to different presets and switch back and forth instead of cramming everything in one preset always using dsp even if not needed at the time and using scenes to switch them around.
gapless switching would be an "investment" worth its price
I agree 100% and we will soon know exactly how it works out once the gapless firmware is released. Just need a little patience as it cant be too far off :cool:

@Admin M@
Good morning.
Any chance we could get an update today (pun intended) as to which of the following is most likely at this point in regards to new firmware wait time:

Hours, days, weeks or longer?
Thank you!

Everybody have a great Friday!

Last edited:
There will be no update. The FM3 has been abandoned. Everybody go home.
Sad Adventure Time GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom