FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is, but apparently the gapless programming is wreaking havoc with the delay and reverb blocks as it's closing the gaps in the trails and making them ineffective.
this is not fact, for those not catching it's a joke (a play on gapless removing the gaps between delay repeats).

speculation as to why we don't have the things we want yet can lead to the next youtube guy reading that to 1000s of people and they all get the wrong idea too.

cliff said it was being worked on. it's not done yet.

The amp models themselves and improvements to that block are generally not the ones causing the issues
It the CPU hogging effects like reverb that they have to try to fit
In that case I guess I'll keep wishing for an Axe FX LT made for use with outboard effects. A unit with just an amp and cab focus with the variable input impedance would be amazing. The ultimate amp unit.

Ouch. No jokes! At least not such dry ones. People read them wrong, and false rumors get started.
Dry? Yes, but I really expected people to catch my reference to "closing the gaps".
this is not fact, for those not catching it's a joke (a play on gapless removing the gaps between delay repeats).

speculation as to why we don't have the things we want yet can lead to the next youtube guy reading that to 1000s of people and they all get the wrong idea too.
Yeah, I don't really worry about that. We're 27 pages in and this thread has lost all focus. The joke was very intentional and I pointed it out just a few posts later.

Dry? Yes, but I really expected people to catch my reference to "closing the gaps".

Yeah, I don't really worry about that. We're 27 pages in and this thread has lost all focus. The joke was very intentional and I pointed it out just a few posts later.
Nah, the joke was very obvious

cliff said it was being worked on. it's not done yet.
Thank you Chris. and I apologise for any upset or annoyance caused.

Gapless switching causing problems because it removes the gaps between delay repeats, thus rendering them ineffective is quite clearly a joke. I should not have said obvious, because it was misunderstood by some.
The gapless technology has become self aware and is taking the mandate literally.

Gapless switching causing problems because it removes the gaps between delay repeats, thus rendering them ineffective is quite clearly a joke. I should not have said obvious, because it was misunderstood by some.
I have a pretty strong sense of humor...

It wasn't "obvious" or "quite clearly" (isn't that really the same thing?) a joke to me, which is why I replied as I did. Granted, I did read it quickly.

Also, as @chris and @Rex said, people read stuff like that and take it for truth "because somebody said it on the Fractal Forums".

At least one winky emoji ;) would have been appropriate.

Anyway, not a big deal. :)

I have a pretty strong sense of humor...

It wasn't "obvious" or "quite clearly" (isn't that really the same thing?) a joke to me, which is why I replied as I did. Granted, I did read it quickly.

Also, as @chris and @Rex said, people read stuff like that and take it for truth "because somebody said it on the Fractal Forums".

I can definitely see reacting to the first claim quickly and not thinking about the rest of the post too deeply before replying. We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks, I suppose. FM3 updates are a heated topic.

I thought about it but decided against it, thinking that if someone took me seriously or "fact checked" me, then they deserved it (so no, it wasn't appropriate in order to maintain the dryness of the humor). ;)
1709185296188.png

Last edited:
A stupid question as AXE III user: Do you really think that the FM3 will still get various complex features?
I keep reading about a lack of processing power and sometimes even crashes. I suspect that the FM3 is working at its performance limit and it would be better not to torture it any more. Stability comes before functionality. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom