FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the quote:

Since it made it to the FM9 we can be hopeful, but we have to remember that the FX3 has 2x the power of the FM9 and the FM9 has 2x the CPU power of the FM3.

If they can get it working I think we should all chip in and buy them a coffee and a doughnut. At least. :)
Dude, it had already crossed my mind to ask who the lead engineer is on the FM3 for this and then contact them and ask if they have cash app I’d send em something so it’s funny you said that.
Know who it is and if they’re contactable on this forum lol?

Speculate Parks And Recreation GIF by OpenBarre

Meh...is it? We know the "rules" of seamless switching in the AXEIII and FM9. If it makes it to the FM3, chances are it will be exactly the same.

Dude, it had already crossed my mind to ask who the lead engineer is on the FM3 for this and then contact them and ask if they have cash app I’d send em something so it’s funny you said that.
Know who it is and if they’re contactable on this forum lol?
The engineer responsible is the same as who posts the updates at the top of the thread. Contacting support@factalaudio.com will probably accomplish much the same thing as would letting @Admin M@ know.

Fractal is a small company, and they work really hard. Kudos to them are always appreciated I'm sure.

My guess is end Feb/mid-March. I'm just surmising, but I reckon it's gonna take some juggling to do it, but I know they can do it. got every faith in them! I think us FM3'ers are all kinda peeking in and out to check!

If there wasn't, then there would be no holdup... Fractal would say so and move on.
I was just typing pretty much exactly that lol
I don’t think there’s really a “holdup” it’s just a lot to release and yes less CPU to work with but I’m confident they can at least swing gapless channels/scenes if not full blown gapless presets but I bet they pull it all off it’s just a lot of work I’m sure. There’s so much in the new firmware to get in there and personally as excited as I am I like to see one big massive firmware release with everything.
Plus there’s all the bugs and fixes that have been figured out on Axe III and FM9 that they’ll no doubt be getting ahead of the game on so in a way I think we’ll be lucky in that regard but there again that’s just that much more work to bang out before release.
I’m fairly new to Fractal land, less than a year owning my FM3 so I may be totally way off base but that’s what’s been going through my mind lately.
They’ve got this though!!!
Cheers!

I'm guessing Fractals dev resources are busy with finishing up the FM9 release. IIRC the last big FM9 firmware came after the FM3 update. Perhaps it's FM3 owners turn to wait this time?

-Aaron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom