FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if there is a gap most times it is so short it isn’t even noticeable to anyone but the player. I’m actually much more excited for the updates to the reverbs and tube modeling.
Let other players be happy with their gapless switching, and you be happy with your reverbs. We bought the units in the first place for ourselves, right, i hope?
Some enjoy good reverbs more than others, others enjoy gapless switching more than others, some enjoy both, some don't care for either one...

Let other players be happy with their gapless switching, and you be happy with your reverbs. We bought the units in the first place for ourselves, right, i hope?
Some enjoy good reverbs more than others, others enjoy gapless switching more than others, some enjoy both, some don't care for either one...
My point is people need to be patient. The number of times I’ve seen a post talking about not being able to wait for it recently is crazy. It isn’t like a certain other company that has yet to deliver on its promises. No one up to this point has bought a FAS device under the promise it was coming. Honestly, same can be said about the other updates…

We buy the devices for what they can do today and everything else is a bonus. Yet so many feel the need to jump on here and clamor for something like a petulant child. If it was a promised feature that was missing when they bought the device then ok. However, it wasn’t promised. We know it is being worked on. We’ve even been told they have had challenges with seasonal illnesses that have been impacting progress.

If you don’t have a bug to report then sit and play your guitar and wait in silence. If you have a feature request then open a new thread for that…

Man this forum is preachy. Every time someone expresses excitement and an eagerness to get in on the good stuff that the AF3 (usually) gets first, people have to chime in and wag a virtual finger. Just because I'm itching to get the cool new update doesn't mean I don't appreciate what I've got (FM3 & FM9).
The problem is many of these posts don’t read as excitement. They also litter a feed that is regarding a prior update with hopes for the next update. Replies on a specific firmware version should correlate to that version in some way. Seems the basic etiquette for the forum has gone out the window more and more since I joined.

My point is people need to be patient. The number of times I’ve seen a post talking about not being able to wait for it recently is crazy. It isn’t like a certain other company that has yet to deliver on its promises. No one up to this point has bought a FAS device under the promise it was coming. Honestly, same can be said about the other updates…

We buy the devices for what they can do today and everything else is a bonus. Yet so many feel the need to jump on here and clamor for something like a petulant child. If it was a promised feature that was missing when they bought the device then ok. However, it wasn’t promised. We know it is being worked on. We’ve even been told they have had challenges with seasonal illnesses that have been impacting progress.

If you don’t have a bug to report then sit and play your guitar and wait in silence. If you have a feature request then open a new thread for that…
I 100% agree on this, it just sounded different in the post i reacted to. @Brian Dean-O illustrated that perfect!

Porting features to the FM3 already seems to take priority on fixing its open bugs so I'm really wondering what's holding it back so much.

I couldn't care less about gapless switching. I want more amps! Alll the amps! I want every amp modelled! Even my Marshall micro amp!

I don't know Clif, but he always has stuff he is working on. Fractal as a company is probably has the most updates for their product line I have ever seen. There are many reasons I have gone with Fractal units, and I couldn't be more pleased with my FM3 and my Axe FX III. Gapless switching is nice but there are many work arounds for the truly creative individuals. As far as the new amps there are already very similar amps in there. The Mark IV and the Mark V are very similar, not the same but close enough to get you by for now.

I have high hopes that we will get the full firmware update with the Mark V, gapless switching, new algorithms and effects and everything I mean is there any reason to doubt that we would be getting it? Wouldn’t it just be as always the same stuff by and large that’s in the other Fractals but we can just only use much less stuff at any one given time?

I just ask because I am starting to wonder why everybody is so worried that we won’t get everything, don’t we usually get the goods but just must use them within the capabilities of our hardware so less blocks and not go high res on everything right?

I’m really looking forward to this but also want them to take their time and figure out how to make it all happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom