FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your setting for Speaker Impedance Curve under Settings->Global Settings ?
EDIT: or, better yet please upload your system settings.
Speaker impedance curve is set to default.
Attached is my system settings via fractalbot.

Fwiw this release I haven't had any of the other issues reported such as freezes etc. Pretty plain sailing for me.

Attachments

• FM3-230811-170342-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 9
I have slight strange behaviour where the incorrect speaker impedance is showing - this was was happening in the beta 4 before I installed beta 5 and I've refreshed firmware extra etc.
The Phil Collen preset is one where I've not touched since installing dynacabs etc.
But is shows this speaker curve - when you reselect the the speaker curve it goes back to how it should.
View attachment 125006

The Petrucci preset is a copy from the original petrucci preset but I changed it to dyna cabs this week. if i revert back to legacy I get this speaker curve
View attachment 125007
Your LF Reso and HF Reso parameters are set to 0 so that's normal.
Reselecting the impedance curve just sets those parameters back to their default value for that curve

Your LF Reso and HF Reso parameters are set to 0 so that's normal.
Reselecting the impedance curve just sets those parameters back to their default value for that curve
It's easy to manually rectify but in terms of the Phil Collen preset - I haven't touched it as I don't really use it. But scrolling through presets I noticed it sounded weird and the curve was reflecting that.

Do you recall what parameter you were modifying at the time? Also, what specific Amp type?
If you have a backup of this preset please attach and I can take a look.
In the future- if things go unresponsive, do not save anything. Just reboot.
It was the PVH 5150 Block model from a preset I originally created with firmware 5 beta. I added a multiband compressor, ran into CPU limit, then removed the pitch block and set IR length to standard. So far everything was fine.

IIRC I didn't change any parameters at the time it happened, but I had the guitar cable tangled in a foot switch and untangled it rather roughly. Possible the cable pressed some buttons on the unit?

I have a backup of that original preset and can upload it later when I am home.

IIRC I didn't change any parameters at the time it happened, but I had the guitar cable tangled in a foot switch and untangled it rather roughly. Possible the cable pressed some buttons on the unit?
It could have. Or, it pulled on and turned, or pushed one or multiple knobs which changed values.

I broke my golden rule and gigged with the Beta 5 Friday night. Was a little nervous because beta and gig, but wanted the Revv amps and Dyna-Cabs. Setup didn't miss a beat, worked perfectly for the whole show. The guitarist friends in the audience loved the tone and I think at least one of them is now planning to jump ship onto the FM3 from their current modeller. Great work!

Hello, fairly new to the fractal environment, but I love the new Beta. Is this normal? the tempo light on the front of the FM3 is blinking at a different time than the footswitch blink. Here is the link to the video:

Hello, fairly new to the fractal environment, but I love the new Beta. Is this normal? the tempo light on the front of the FM3 is blinking at a different time than the footswitch blink. Here is the link to the video:

Not unusual. The Tempo LED just shows you the tempo — the beats per minute — and both lights are blinking at the same tempo.

Do you recall what parameter you were modifying at the time? Also, what specific Amp type?
If you have a backup of this preset please attach and I can take a look.
In the future- if things go unresponsive, do not save anything. Just reboot.
I just updated and am having the same issue, no buttons are lit or working,
any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom