FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely know what you mean here. I ran the new firmware last night with no issues other than the tone wasn't as clear as 6.0 . Almost felt like the strings had a softness to them and i use 11/48 in Eb tuning.
I'm back on 6.0 for tonight's show.

Examine your settings. There are no changes to the amp modeling.

Definitely know what you mean here. I ran the new firmware last night with no issues other than the tone wasn't as clear as 6.0 . Almost felt like the strings had a softness to them and i use 11/48 in Eb tuning.
I'm back on 6.0 for tonight's show.
By any chance could you do a 6.0 vs 7.0 comparison recording and post it here?

Aren't there? I would assume the amp block has been updated to be in line with the latest FX3 firmware or is that not the case?

So which amp modeling improvements in the Axe-Fx III haven't been implemented in the FM3 yet?

Aren't there? I would assume the amp block has been updated to be in line with the latest FX3 firmware or is that not the case?

As far as I am aware, based on reading the release notes, the only changes are the new Revv amp models and Auto SIC (Speaker Impedance Curve) when using DynaCabs.

If you never made it a habit of selecting a matching SIC for a given IR and now it is being selected for you when using DynaCabs I can see how you may see tonal differences you weren’t expecting. However, lack of tonal clarity and softness are not two things I have experienced in this firmware.

Other than adding the Revv models, the DynaCab impedance curves, and faster channel switching in the Amp block, there have been no changes. The amp modeling algorithm has not been changed.

By any chance could you do a 6.0 vs 7.0 comparison recording and post it here?
Not really, my experience is based on the same live monitoring I've used for a few years now. Turbosound coaxle 112 wedge and rcf nx12 coaxial wedge.

Seriously?
That's not what I'm saying. I don't use it for recording.
I did go back to 6.0 and used a few mods that didn't make much of a difference on 7.3.
I do prefer a more polished open tone when LIVE and LOUD.
Dropping Master Bias Excursion to 20, negative feedback up from 3.4 to 5.0. No compression and speaker drive is used in the Amp block speaker parameter . Atomica Hi is the amp i use. Cabs are Own Hammer M421 mixes.
I'm all about new firmwares. If it's not for me then I'll go back to a reliable firmware that fits me.

So you never updated to firmware 6.01 or 6.02? If not it would be interesting to see what you think of those updates and if what you’re perceiving is with them also.

Not really, my experience is based on the same live monitoring I've used for a few years now. Turbosound coaxle 112 wedge and rcf nx12 coaxial wedge.
Depending on your ears can be tricky. Whenever I switch from Dyna-Cabs back to Legacy, the Legacy cabs always sound muffled. But if I go do something else for a while, when I come back the Legacy cabs sound fine. The clarity of the Dyna-Cabs make the Legacy cabs sound muffled, but really there’s been no change at all.

Depending on your ears can be tricky. Whenever I switch from Dyna-Cabs back to Legacy, the Legacy cabs always sound muffled. But if I go do something else for a while, when I come back the Legacy cabs sound fine. The clarity of the Dyna-Cabs make the Legacy cabs sound muffled, but really there’s been no change at all.

I'm not sure the Dyna-Cabs across the board are more clear, simply different. Pretty much all the legacy cabs are mixes or off-axis micing chosen specifically for a set of sonic characteristics. In my experimentation, I was able to get close to the sonic character of a few IRs that I use by moving mics off axis and/or back and mixing 2 mics, YMMV.

It's beta software. If the cause of the issue is found, it will be fixed in the next release. How about not tagging the people at FAS?
I know.. but it is forbidden to ask and reply(so i tag the person i reply to...) to other people just to know how is going on ?

About fm3 boot time wich it spends on...^
6.2 = 26sec
7.3 = 52sec

How can I dellete Dyno-Cabs from memory?

I rolled back on 6.2 and rolled again 7.3 without dyna-cabs, but cabs already in the memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom