FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's normal interaction when using two microphones, or a bug:
when i use two dyna cabs and turn the high cut of the right one fully to the right, the sound becomes dull. turning it back to 6200 it becomes brighter and then further to the left it becomes duller again.
You hear that best on scene 7.
Apart from this uncertainty it sounds great.

Attachments

• Test dyna preset.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I've had it on for a couple hours and its been staying between 131 and 136 degrees Fahrenheit with an occasional 138 but it hit 140 and the fan came on for a couple minutes and it did it again about thirty minutes after that. I'm not worried but wondering if its normal.
This is definitely unusual but if it never climbs above 140 no damage is being done. Do you have any gear next to the FM3 which might be generating heat locally? You said the room is 68 but what is the temperature at the FM3?

It's entirely possible that I'm just stupid, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Dyna Cabs installed, so I'm really hoping someone amongst you wizzes can point me in the right direction.

I'm on Win7 64 bit. I was getting a strange error that I could not work around with the newest Fractal Bot, so I went back to Win-v3-p00p16.exe (hehe, poop).
With the previous version of the bot I was able to get the 7.00 beta running, but directing the bot to the DynaCab file gives me a dialog box stating that my FM3 version is not supported and to install 7.00 or higher.

The error I'm getting with the new Bot version is, "Entry point not found, the procedure entry point RegisterSuspendResumeNotification could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

I've made sure Windows is completely up to date, checked all of the MVSC C++ updates, RANF, followed all the various installation instructions here, etc. and all to no avail. I suspect this is more of a Windows issue, but getting any help elsewhere doesn't seem likely beyond them just telling me to run system check, do backups/restores and everything else we all know to do by now. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
I got the same error with both the 32 and 64bit versions of the standalone Fractal-Bot however I was able to use the Fractal-Bot from within FM3-Edit just fine. Have you tried that?

I don't know if it's normal interaction when using two microphones, or a bug:
when i use two dyna cabs and turn the high cut of the right one fully to the right, the sound becomes dull. turning it back to 6200 it becomes brighter and then further to the left it becomes duller again.
Apart from this uncertainty it sounds great.
I've compared to AxeFx and I'm not hearing a difference but maybe others with better ears can check as well.

Good update. Well prepared. Everything I use simply works. Pitch followers with drive and feedbacks pots especially. Good work.

" I've compared to AxeFx and I'm not hearing a difference but maybe others with better ears can check as well." You hear that best on scene 7.

Who let all the Karens in the thread? :rolleyes:

Missi Pyle Karen GIF by MOODMAN
I don't know.

Can you?

This is definitely unusual but if it never climbs above 140 no damage is being done. Do you have any gear next to the FM3 which might be generating heat locally? You said the room is 68 but what is the temperature at the FM3?
Nothing is next to it. I do have one of the units that lights up when its off and the USB is hooked to the computer though. Would that do it?

It's entirely possible that I'm just stupid, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the Dyna Cabs installed, so I'm really hoping someone amongst you wizzes can point me in the right direction.

I'm on Win7 64 bit. I was getting a strange error that I could not work around with the newest Fractal Bot, so I went back to Win-v3-p00p16.exe (hehe, poop).
With the previous version of the bot I was able to get the 7.00 beta running, but directing the bot to the DynaCab file gives me a dialog box stating that my FM3 version is not supported and to install 7.00 or higher.

The error I'm getting with the new Bot version is, "Entry point not found, the procedure entry point RegisterSuspendResumeNotification could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll"

I've made sure Windows is completely up to date, checked all of the MVSC C++ updates, RANF, followed all the various installation instructions here, etc. and all to no avail. I suspect this is more of a Windows issue, but getting any help elsewhere doesn't seem likely beyond them just telling me to run system check, do backups/restores and everything else we all know to do by now. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Microsoft has dropped support for Windows 7 a while ago. They dropped support for Windows 8.1 (Windows 8 was garbage anyway) January of this year. I think it is time to upgrade Windows to Version 10 or newer or upgrade your PC if it doesn’t run it. Sticking with anything below Windows 10 leaves someone potentially at risk for unpatched security flaws anyway.

Agree on both points.
I'm assuming, at some point, The Creator decided that an auto-refresh could do more harm than a missed manual refresh. Maybe since the refresh cannot be undone and could lead to data loss.

Whatever the reason, the situation may still stand.

Nothing is next to it. I do have one of the units that lights up when its off and the USB is hooked to the computer though. Would that do it?
Mine does that too. And it doesn't send or receive any USB audio.

My fm3 screen reads "DYNA-CABS NOT INSTALLED!!!"

And no Dyna cabs to choose from in the app. I've done the refresh a few times.

My fm3 screen reads "DYNA-CABS NOT INSTALLED!!!"

And no Dyna cabs to choose from in the app. I've done the refresh a few times.

Inside the ZIP file there are a couple nice README files that someone worked very hard to put together. In one of them, it will point out the steps. There is a second file you need to install that contains the DynaCabs.

You'll also need the new Fractal Bot and Edit versions listed below:

You will need the new version of Fractal-Bot to install the Dyna-Cabs:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-3-00-17.195519/

A new version of FM3-Edit is also required for 7.00 firmware: (Be sure to execute Settings->Refresh after new Firmware)
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-06-00-to-support-fw-7-00-public-beta-1.195523/

HTH!

I have no sound out of FM3 after install of firmware 7.00 Beta 3.
Have installed the dynacabs as well, and refreshed after new firmware.

I can see that the input levels are moving when I play, but nothing out of Output 1 or 2 on any of my presets.
Have checked with the levelling tool, and there is no signal out of the unit.

How do I find out where the signal gets lost in the grid?

I have no sound out of FM3 after install of firmware 7.00 Beta 3.
Have installed the dynacabs as well, and refreshed after new firmware.

I can see that the input levels are moving when I play, but nothing out of Output 1 or 2 on any of my presets.
Have checked with the levelling tool, and there is no signal out of the unit.

How do I find out where the signal gets lost in the grid?

Page to the right on the UI and you’ll see a levels page. Shows levels in all blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom